A day at Vic's

Tuesday 10-05

In the morning, Kellin pulled Justin's blanket, then went to brush his teeth. He soon remembered he had to go buy his meds. Or at least the antidepressant, because that money wouldn't be enough. Then, he was still in his PJs, and went to the kitchen to make pancakes.

Victor woke up with his phone ringing, so he got ready, putting on the school uniform. He wasn't very hungry so he just ate an apple. When he looked in the mirror, the red in his eye from earlier had formed into a purple.

Shit, it's pretty ugly.

"It smells great!" Justin said as he appeared in the kitchen.

"Good, because I'm dying for pancakes today," Kellin said and flipped the pancake.

"You're the best," Justin said as he went to take the syrup.

Victor tried to look for some makeup to pass over his eye as a disguise, but without any female soul in the house, it was impossible to find. So he just gave up, grabbed his backpack, the house keys, and walked to the school.

They went to school, no rush as Kellin was feeling so chill. He was feeling happy, but didn't know why. Yet, for the first time, he cared that Justin went away, he wanted Justin's company so much today. It wasn't like him.

When Victor arrived at school, he stayed in the same place he usually stays with his group, just waiting for Mike, Jaime and Tony to arrive, or maybe to give the time for classes to start. Some acquaintances who used to be his colleagues asked him questions about the injury, but Victor made up any excuses to get rid of it.

Kellin was looking at Vic while sitting under the tree. This time he really wanted the tanned boy to come and talk to him. He felt weird because of that.

Victor spotted Kellin, who was under the tree. He completely forgot about his eye and just started walking towards him without even a second thought. When Kellin saw the bruise on Vic's face he slightly frowned. Victor sat down next to Kellin. "Hey." He smiled.

"Hi..." Kellin looked closely at the bruise. "What happened to you?" He raised hand to touch it, but didn't, just put his hand down again.

"Oh, that?" Victor pointed. "No big deal, I hit somewhere." He smiled.

What a bad excuse.

"You hit.. your face..?" Kellin had a confused expression even if he knew it was a lie.

"I'm sorry, I lied." Victor was playing with his hands, missing the ring. Would it be good if I told him? "Well don't worry about it." He looked into Kellin's eyes.

"I'm already worrying about it. Who did it?" Kellin was looking into Vic's eyes and he put his hand on Vic's knee just to quickly take it back for not having permission to do so.

Victor didn't know why, but he wanted Kellin to keep his hand there. "It's nothing, it was.." He thought about lying, but gave up. "It was Rick." Sighed.

"Hey..." Kellin touched the side of Vic's face, just because he knew Vic wanted to be touched. "Why?"

Victor felt comfortable under the touch. "He was at my house," the boy said hesitantly. "But forget it, it already happened."

Kellin was mad at Rick, and he didn't even know who that guy was at all. "How could he punch you in your own house?" He put his hand down on Vic's knee again.