NARCISSUS

▪︎▪︎▪︎ The name Narcissus is only the scientific name of the daffodil flower, of which there are many different species. The daffodil flower often signifies rebirth, renewal, or new beginnings. ▪︎▪︎▪︎

Venus awakens, laying down in a field of daffodil flowers. Such flowers are not necessarily uncommon in the celestial realm but are certainly not sought after by gods due to the reputation of paperwhite daffodils being the cilantros of the botanical world. Which makes awakening in a field of them quite strange while in the celestial realm.                          

Until he remembers that Venus is not in the celestial realm anymore. He has been exiled. Yes, Exdee said that the exile was only temporary and that it was only until Venus learned that 'not all things can be judged by their beauty, inner or outer, and that judging everything on beauty was idiotic', Exdee's words, not his own, but that doesn't mitigate the fact that his big brother exiled him!

No, Venus or, as some gods liked to address him, 'Theseus' quite aware that beauty isn't all that matters while making a decision but can you blame him when his literal job is to gift humans, animals, plants and even gods alike their beauty and their love? Any how, even though Venus has just been exiled, even 'temporarily', he is still grateful that Exdee, the king of Gods and his big brother, still let him keep all his godly abilities and talents.

As he sits up in this field of yellow daffodils, he looks around in order to gauge his surroundings.

He is, obviously, in a field of beautiful (and he would know if anything was beautiful), yellow daffodils that seems to be surrounded by a dense forest filled with trees of birch.

While Venus is observing his surroundings, he hears the faint call of a mortal, most likely male, calling out a name. As he focuses on this voice, he realizes that there are, on fact, three male humans calling out a name of which Venus thinks he recognizes as 'Tommy'.

He shakes his head as he turns away from the ever approaching voices when he realizes that they are not calling his name.

He sits up before he begins to stand, no longer wanting to sit on these flowers as he begins to turn around in a circle to get a clearer view of the forest that surrounds him. 

Suddenly, he feels the weight of a man crash against his body as he falls to the ground with long, slender arms circling his body. 'Tommy! There you are! Oh, we're so relieved that you're okay!"