Chapter 4

Chloe and Red went their separate ways for second period. Red had PE which she was not happy about. Sure, Red was athletic, but she knew the "sports" she'd be playing were going to be dull.

Chloe had English next which made her feel slightly better about her poor performance in Potion Making last bell. 

She walked into the room and sat next to a boy with dark brown hair and a scar on his cheek. He wore a white button-up shirt with a dark green sweater over top of it. 

He shook Chloe's hand as he introduced himself, "Hey. I'm Grayson." "Chloe. Charming." "Oh, as in Chad Charming?" She nodded "That's so cool. My older brother is in his class at university." Chloe smiled at this, because since he sort of knew her brother, maybe he'd be her friend. "What's your brother's name? I might know him." "Romulus" "Oh yeah, he was one of the other VK's that they brought over from the Isle."

They continued to talk pleasantly until the teacher came in. Chloe knew that Grayson's father was the Huntsman, as in the Evil Queen's henchman. Chloe would find out later that Evie and Grayson's older brother Romulus used to date. Evie saw Grayson as her little brother back then and taught him all she knew about fashion. Today Grayson has fantastic style, thanks to her.

Meanwhile, Red had changed into her gym uniform in the musty locker room and was making her way out into the very bright gymnasium. 

The whole thing was covered in blinding shades of yellow and an exorbitant amount of royal blue. Red felt like throwing up a bit, but successfully kept her breakfast down. 

The gym teacher walked in, drinking some sort of energy drink, and yelled "Alright kiddos! Welcome to your first PE class at Auradon Prep! Today we'll be playing a classic; Tourney!" Everyone around Red cheered, especially one very excited girl with blonde hair.

Oh god. This is going to be a nightmare.

Red had never heard of tourney before, and she was hoping it wouldn't be as boring and princely as it sounded. 

Before she knew it, the annoying blonde girl was shoving a wooden stick into Red's hand and throwing her a blue penny. "You're on my team! My name's Gianna, daughter of Grumpy, as in Grumpy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, and..." The girl trailed off, clearly forgetting the last of the seven dwarves. "Sneezy?" Red answered, slightly irritated. 

"Yeah exactly! I always forget him. So, what's your name?" "Red. Daughter of the Queen of Hearts." "Wow! That's so cool! I've always wanted to visit Wonderland, but my dad hates vacations." Red laughed at that remark, which apparently went right over Gianna's head.

A few minutes later, Red had been debriefed on the basic rules of tourney. She put her blue penny on and held her stick a bit awkwardly. She thought it looked like a giant wooden spoon, but she decided to keep that observation to herself. 

Red had played croquet a lot with her mother, or at least that's what she had been told. In the reality she remembered, Red played a ton of soccer with her mother's royal guard, and how different could that possibly be from tourney?

Turns out it's a lot different, Red thought to herself as she left the gymnasium at the end of the period. 

Gianna asked to have lunch with her, and considering she did help her learn how to play tourney, Red agreed. They met Chloe and Grayson in the cafeteria a couple minutes later. 

"Who's this?" Red asked Chloe as she sat down. "Oh, this is Grayson. We met in English!" Red raised an eyebrow, not too sure of what to think of this guy. "I'm Red." Chloe looked past Red and met Gianna's eyes. "Oh, hi! I'm Gianna!" the blonde girl exclaimed. "Nice to meet you, I'm Chloe." She responded, making eye contact with Red and giving her a knowing look. Red nodded and rolled her eyes, making Chloe smile.