Chapter Two

TW: None

~~~

The day dragged on much more after lunch. I almost fell asleep, but luckily I was able to pick myself up just in time so I didn't end up successfully going to sleep. Honestly, Hope's Peak Academy is an interesting school, don't get me wrong. Just the thought that everybody around me is super talented makes me internally fangirl, but I tried to keep all of my fangirling to myself, for obvious reasons.

Eventually the day ended and I got up from my chair. As I was about to leave the class, I heard somebody call out my name.

"L/N," The voice stated. When I turned around, it was Tanaka.

"Tanaka? What's up?" I asked as I walked over to him. He seemed a bit nervous to say what he was going to say, but he tried to not show his nerves as he spoke.

"Do you mind if I tag along with your journey of walking to your habitation of living?"

"Oh, no. I don't mind," I responded with a smile. He sighed in relief as he nodded.

"Good. Then let's get going, shall we mortal?"

I nodded. "Yep! Let's get going!"

Tanaka and I left the school and started walking over to my house. Honestly, I was surprised he wanted to walk with me, let alone to hang out with me more when I was worried I was being annoying.

"Is there a reason why you wanted to walk with me?" I wondered. Tanaka stayed quiet for a moment, like he was genuinely thinking about it. His hamsters were on his shoulder, rubbing their chins like they were thinking about it too, which is ADORABLE.

"I just wanted to. I don't want the fiery pits of hell to swallow you whole," Tanaka snickered.

I grinned, just like this afternoon, I decided to go along with what he was saying, so I gasped melodramatically before speaking. "Really?? Well, thank you! Without your help, I could've been sucked into the pits of hell. You truly are a caring person, Tanaka!"

Tanaka seemed to be a bit stunned by my comment before he pulled his scarf to hide his cheeks, as I could tell that pink tint spread on his face, just like this afternoon. "Th-Thank you..."

"It's no problem, Tanaka," I chuckled, keeping my usual smile spread across my face. Tanaka cleared his throat, his blush slowly dying down, but it was still a bit present.

"Besides, your mortal presence isn't that bad. You're one of the more tolerable people in our class," Tanaka clarified. 

"Aww thank you!" I exclaimed. "You're one of the more tolerable people in our class as well, ya know?"

I feel like it's not my life's mission to make him flustered, since it's so easy and satisfying to see his face becoming a bright pink. I don't really know why, though. It just makes me so happy seeing him so flustered.

Tanaka's gaze softened once I said that, before we regained his composure again. "Oh really? How so? All the other mortals have the audacity to misunderstand me, Gundham Tanaka. So what makes you say I'm tolerable to be around, may I ask?"

The question was super telling, in my opinion. It could be the empath in me speaking, but this question was kind of sad. It's like he knows that he's an outcast and is kind of questioning why I don't see him like that. It makes me kind of sad to hear, and right away I wanted to reassure him, finally putting my talent that Hope's Peak noticed me for, in good use.

"Why do you have doubts that you're tolerable to be around?" I started. "Nobody understands you because they don't deserve to understand how great you are. In my opinion, I see somebody who is tolerable to be around, and fun to be around. From what I can tell, you're a very kind and loyal person to be around. Your hamsters are a good example of that. You're the Ultimate Breeder, which means you must be super kind and respectful to be this nice to animals, and even refusing to eat animal products also shows your love to animals, whether you openly admit it or not. Even though we just met, I can tell you're a very kind person. So please, don't doubt your capabilities as a person- oh wait, I mean as a Supreme Overlord of Ice. Just keep that in mind, alright?"