an unexpected problem

the trial was over, it had been for 4 months. Olivia and Rayna had gotten papers in the mail saying the baby was Tommy's not jacks. they figured tommy wouldn't care and wouldn't file for his rights but they were wrong.

the baby was born a week before receiving the papers and now Rayna's new baby girl was 3 weeks old. and as Rayna was leaving the apartment for a walk with the baby, Noah and her mom a man walked up to her and served her papers for a hearing on visitations. Rayna held the papers in shock and shook her head as Olivia took the paper and glared "no we will not let him do this" Olivia said shaking her head.

a couple days later they met with Olivia's lawyer friend Trevor Langin. "so tell us the truth Trevor what is the possibility of him getting visitation?" Olivia asked and Trevor sighed "obviously main custody will be kept with Rayna but it is very possible he could get a once a month visitation with the baby." he said as him and Olivia watched Rayna bouncing her daughter in her arms. Rayna shook her head "no....no I cant see him every month for the rest of my life and I don't want him around my daughter." Rayna said. "how can he do this he raped and tortured me!" Rayna said raising her voice but calming it as her daughter Maggie began to cry in her arms and she hushed her gently. Olivia touched her daughter shoulder and looked at Trevor "what can we do to try and stop him?" she asked. "we will bring up the guilty verdicts and what was done to Rayna and hope the judge rules in our favor" he replied.

as they got home Rayna fed Maggie and put her to bed and came out in the kitchen banging her fists on the counter angerly. "I don't understand any of this! its not fair!" Rayna yelled and Olivia sighed and held her daughter in her arms. "he's doing this to re traumatize you. i...we wont let him get away with it I promise you." she said.

they went to court a few weeks later and Trevor did his best but they were blindsided in court by Tommy's parents who were claiming they were better equipped to raise the child due to Rayna's age and because Olivia's job kept her working all the time. they managed to call for a recess and Trevor lead Rayna and Olivia out with Rayna still holding Maggie and Rayna said "they cant do this can they? they cant just take custody of my daughter?!". Trevor sighed "unfortunately they can if they can prove the child would be better cared for in their home than yours." Olivia shook her head "I have successfully raised both my children while on the job" Trevor looked at her "yes you have but they will say that Rayna's abduction shows you can not properly care for an infant and they will use the fact Rayna is barely 15 to say the same. they wont get full custody but they can get primary custody." he said. Rayna shook her head in tears "they cant just steal my baby".

a week later they were back in court fighting to keep Maggie with them. they all pleaded their case but the judge spoke and said "I have decided under much deliberation with myself that it would be better for the grandparents Mr. and Mrs. harper to have primary care of the child Margaret Amanda Benson and Rayna Benson will have biweekly visits with the child. we will revisit this in 6 months but for now that is my ruling." Rayna shook her head with tears forming in her eyes "no...no please don't take my daughter from me!" she hugged and kissed her daughter as the social worker took her and Rayna fell back in to her mothers arms crying "how can they do this to me!?". Olivia held her daughter and kissed her head hating all of this. "we are going to fight this ray" she said then looked at Trevor who sighed touching liv's shoulder.

(the story is really making some turns. will ray get her daughter back or will she have to deal with tommy and his over powered parents all of her daughters life? find out as the story continues.)