Chapter 14: A new dawn

Kurayami woke up to the soft light of dawn filtering through the worn curtains of their small apartment. He stretched, quietly slipping out of bed to avoid waking his younger siblings, who were still lost in dreams. Today marked the beginning of his journey at U.A. High School, and the excitement and nerves simmering within him made staying in bed impossible.

He moved silently into the kitchen, where the remnants of his mother’s early morning preparations awaited him. She had already left for work, but had thoughtfully laid out some rice and grilled fish. The aroma of the simple meal filled the air, wrapping him in a comforting reminder of home.

Kurayami sat at the small table and began to eat, savoring each bite. The rice was slightly cool, but its familiar flavor brought a sense of calm over him. He glanced at the empty chair where his mother usually sat, feeling a wave of gratitude for her constant support and hard work.

Finishing his meal, he washed his dishes and set them to dry. He paused, looking around the quiet apartment. The hum of the city outside was starting to pick up as the day began. The weight of his dreams and his family’s expectations pressed on him, but he felt ready to face whatever lay ahead.

He grabbed his bag and slipped out of the apartment, heading towards the train station. Boarding the train, he found a seat by the window. As the cityscape blurred past, he allowed himself a moment of quiet reflection. This was it—the start of his journey to becoming a hero. He clenched his fists, determination coursing through his veins. No matter what obstacles came his way, he knew he had the strength and support to overcome them.

The train slowed to a stop, and Kurayami stood, feeling a surge of confidence. Stepping onto the platform, he took a deep breath, ready to embrace the future and the challenges that awaited him at U.A. High School. The imposing gates of the school loomed ahead, a symbol of both opportunity and challenge.

As he walked through the gates, the weight of his dreams and his family’s expectations settled on his shoulders. The bustling courtyard was filled with students, each with their own ambitions and fears. Kurayami knew he was just one of many, but he was determined to stand out.

Entering the main building, he followed the signs to his first class. As Kurayami reached his classroom, A-1, he was greeted by a lively scene. A girl stood at the front, her fist raised in the air as she chatted excitedly with a group of classmates. To his surprise, he saw the green-haired boy—the one who had taken down the huge villain bot—standing nearby, his face flushed with a mix of embarrassment and amusement.

Kurayami approached, slipping in behind the girl. “Oh, hey, good to see you made it here,” he said, his tone calm and enigmatic.

The boy turned to him, a smile spreading across his face. “Thanks! It’s really good to see you too,” he replied warmly, his eyes reflecting a mixture of relief and gratitude.

Kurayami nodded, then added, “And thanks to you, I managed to save someone during the exam.”

The boy's smile widened slightly, a look of genuine pride and subtle curiosity crossing his face. “We all played our parts,” he said, his voice calm and reassuring. “I’m glad to know we helped each other.”

The girl glanced back, her eyes bright with curiosity. “So, what do you guys think we’re going to do today?”

Before either of them could answer, a sleepy yet authoritative voice cut through the chatter. “If you’re just here to make friends, then you can pack up your stuff now.”

Kurayami and the others turned to see a man lying inside a sleeping bag at the front of the room, his presence instantly commanding attention despite his relaxed posture. The boy and the girl were shocked, their expressions frozen in disbelief. Kurayami’s eyes widened a bit as he took in the unexpected sight, feeling a mix of curiosity and respect for the man who seemed to embody both casualness and authority.

Venom's voice chimed in sarcastically, "Great, our teacher's either really committed to comfort or just couldn't find the exit."

The man slowly sat up, his disheveled appearance contrasting with his intense gaze. “My name is Aizawa Shota,” he said, his voice carrying a quiet authority. “I’m your teacher.”

The class reacted with a collective gasp, the room shifting dramatically. Kurayami felt a jolt of excitement and nervousness, realizing the gravity of his new journey.

Aizawa then reached into a nearby pile and pulled out several sets of P.E. clothes. He tossed them onto a nearby table. “Put these on and head outside,” he instructed, his tone leaving no room for argument.

The students exchanged glances, their surprise giving way to a mix of apprehension and curiosity. Kurayami picked up a set of clothes, feeling the fabric between his fingers. It was a tangible reminder of the physical challenges that lay ahead