FATAL ATTRACTION (PART~7) [ENDING]

As Taehyung dug deeper into the suspect linked to Jungkook's friend's tragedy, strange and dangerous incidents began to plague their lives. It started with small things: strange noises outside their house at night, unsettling messages left on their doorstep, and odd technical glitches that disrupted their communication. But as Taehyung got closer to uncovering the truth, the threats escalated.

One crisp autumn afternoon, Jungkook was walking back from the library, a thick folder of research papers clutched to his chest. His mind was preoccupied with the latest clues they had uncovered. He barely noticed the black car parked a little too close to the sidewalk, its engine idling quietly.

From a distance, Taehyung watched, his senses on high alert. He had noticed the car earlier and had a bad feeling about it. Just as Jungkook stepped into the street to cross, the car roared to life, speeding directly toward him.

Time seemed to slow down as Taehyung sprinted forward, adrenaline surging through his veins. "Jungkook!" he shouted, his voice filled with panic and urgency.

Jungkook turned, his eyes wide with shock, but it was too late to move out of the way. The car was almost upon him. In a split second, Taehyung reached him, grabbing him around the waist and yanking him out of the path of the speeding vehicle. They tumbled to the ground, the car missing them by mere inches as it sped away.

They lay on the pavement, panting heavily, the sound of the car's tires screeching in the distance. Taehyung's heart pounded as he held Jungkook tightly, checking her over for any injuries.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his voice shaky with fear and relief.

Jungkook, still in shock, nodded slowly. "I think so. You saved me, Taehyung."

He helped her to his feet, his grip on her firm but gentle. "We need to get home. It's not safe here."

As they hurried back to their house, Taehyung's mind raced. The incident had confirmed his worst fears: someone was trying to scare them off, to prevent them from getting too close to the truth.

Once inside, Taehyung locked the doors and pulled the curtains shut. He turned to Jungkook, his eyes dark with anger and determination. "This has gone too far. Whoever did this is trying to intimidate us, to stop us from finding out what happened to Rhea."

Jungkook, still shaken, looked at him with a mix of fear and resolve. "We can't let them get away with this, Taehyung. We have to find out who's behind it."

Taehyung nodded, his protective instincts flaring up even more. "We will. But we need to be more careful. From now on, we will stick together. No more going out alone, no more taking risks."