The Teenage Years

Mia's teenage years seemed to go by very quickly, but as she grew older, she drifted away from her childhood best friends. They were the only people to have her back in any sort of situation, even if she was in the wrong. Nothing would ever come between them, or so she thought. 

It was a few weeks before Autumns' prom, and for a few weeks she had been writing in her diary in the school cafeteria, which was also part of the sixth form, writing 'Mrs Autumn Killerman' on every clean page. Sitting with Mia and the popular girls in both the high school and sixth form, it made a lot of sense to be boy crushing on a guy that everyone loved. Autumn was all lovey dovey as the love of her life walked past her table, her best friends also admiring him. 'Don't you just love the way he walks?' Autumn cutely twirling her hair in her fingers as her friend group chatted away.

Autumn didn't really have a love life, only a life of romanticising about being with this one boy she has wanted forever, while also having the top grades in her class. 

However, it was also the anniversary of Mia's dad leaving the family to go with another woman. This day was always an emotional one for Mia as she remembered all the gruesome memories of what he did to the family, orchestrating the worst time in her life, which is all about to change. She always remembered this day as the worst day of her life, as she looked into her little mirror which was in pristine condition, and saw the person she once was, telling herself 'I am doing well, I am doing better than I once was, I am myself again, without that selfless man'.

After the final bell rang for lunch ending, Mia made her way to class, remembering she had a very important task to do. She remembered her mission that she had to achieve, a certain wealthy man, who was also the parents of her best friend and boyfriend, organised for Mia to do something he had always wanted to do, without making it obvious it was him, but in the process realising she'd be losing her last childhood best friend. All to find her dad. It was all she wanted, all this time. All she wants to know is why he made so many poor decisions, not for him to apologise. She is not about the simple life. Mia whispered to herself as she proceeded to Autumn's locker 'How does he know where my dad lives if he went off with their mum?' 

Mia walked in her class, learning about ancient history, in which she excelled in. If only she knew about her family history. If only she knew about what went wrong in the timeline. Reece was sat a row in front of her, bored out of his mind, dozing away slowly, until Mia kicks his knee from behind, not knowing that will be the last time he gets kicked as a joke. Reece replies in shock 'Mia seriously?' They both laugh until they were silenced by the teacher, who looked at Mia very amusingly. Reece doesn't know the meticulous scheme his girlfriend is part of. 

As the final bell went for the day, Mia and Reece exited the classroom together, only taking a glace at Autumn looking into her locker to find a note with her pristine compact mirror inside. The note read 'Mrs Autumn Knight, will you go to prom with me? Love K. Killerman'. Autumn was beaming with pride to know that her crush wanted to take her out to prom! She started to tell her group she got a note from the person she admired for so long and was so excited about prom and had to get ready. She was about to prepare for the worst day of her life.

Although, Mia had a depressing look on her face, she knew what she did would end up being catastrophic. She mentions 'Reecey, are you taking Autumn to her prom? I know she'll love it if you take her, it will be a fantastic sibling bonding moment won't it!' Reece glances over to Mia with a happy expression and says 'Yeah I think I am, I want Aut to have the best night of her life away from the madhouse my dad desperately tries to hide'. 

Reece always looked out for his little sister in any sort of situation, and was always ready to fight back at the people who hate her. He loves his little sister just as much as she loves him. He would protect her with his life. 

However, these two little gems in Mia's eyes don't know what is about to change in the trajectory of their relationship. That compact mirror is about to shatter the best years of her life...