Exile

The Roberts household, quiet as the gentle breeze flew by. Mia was heartbroken inside. 'What have I done?' She cried in her pillow until all of the makeup was transferred. Nothing could be changed. She looked into her mirror opposite from her bed, and saw the reflection of the person she once was, before she became part of the Knight Family's gruesome game. A reflection of an innocent, happy and carefree child, now desolate and crippling with anxiety about what her actions have caused.

As she went downstairs to drown her sorrows in a glass of wine, she saw Reece standing at the door. He had a monotonous look to his face, something had changed within him. Mia already felt his demeanour fade, he created a facade of himself from something he was subjected to.

As they both went to sit on the sofa, Reece questioned Mia about if she knew anything that happened, to which Mia either gave a head shake or a definitive 'no'. Even with questions as: 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑨𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒓𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒖𝒕? No straight answers were given. What more could Mia possibly be hiding from Reece? She hit her head onto Reece's shoulder and cried for hours, knowing that what she did was wrong, but trying her best to hide it. Mia needed that hug, so badly. She became more vulnerable than she ever knew. This resilient, independent woman, shattered by the bond broken of the people she loved most. They both had changed so much in such a short amount of time, but they have each other, and that's the important thing.

'Mia, I'm genuinely concerned for Aut, we haven't spoken in a few weeks and the Halloween Ball is right around the corner' Reece said, 'and all I want to do is protect her at all costs, but since she's gone no contact with me, how am I supposed to make sure she feels safe. I love her more than the world can offer.' Mia jolted with 'Reecey, Autumn has a guardian angel watching over her at all times, even in despairing times. You don't need to protect her with your whole life anymore. You've got your whole life to live, go live it!'

After their long conversation, Reece left the Roberts house, to see Autumn walking towards Mia. Reece walked towards Autumn, but she walked straight past him. Not even acknowledging his existence. Autumn thought as he walked to her: 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅? 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔? Crickets. The sound of nature was heard vividly. It was clear there was bad blood between the two, but the reason was unclear to Reece.

The stygian teenager walked into the house with Mia, with the same monotonous face she has had ever since prom night. Autumn went straight for the jugular, shouting viciously 'Mia, what is wrong with you? Why did you think it was okay to leave me after what Reece did?'. There were visible tears coming out of Autumns left eye, but no face change. Mia just sat there in disbelief. No words came out of her mouth. What made her think it was acceptable to break the one thing she loved?

As Autumn walked out after saying everything that needed to be said, Mia went to drown her sorrows even further. She needed to escape from the reality she forced herself into, for the one thing she wanted the most, while breaking the one thing she adored.

How is Mia going to ever forget about this? She's formed a shell of herself. A shell that cannot be removed.

~I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Writer's block is so real😭~