Chapter Three

As the night wore on, Isabella found herself lost in conversation with Alex, their shared memories and easy banter drawing them closer with each passing moment. 

Sensing the chemistry between them, Sarah excused herself to mingle with other colleagues, leaving Isabella and Alex alone at the bar.

"So, what have you been up to since we last saw each other?" Alex asked, his gaze fixed on Isabella with genuine interest.

Isabella smiled, feeling a rush of warmth at his attention. "Oh, you know, the usual," she replied, trying to sound nonchalant despite the excitement in her chest. "Work, life, trying to navigate the chaos of it all."

Alex nodded, his expression sympathetic. "I hear you," he said with a rueful smile. "Life can be pretty hectic sometimes."

As they talked, Isabella opened up to Alex in a way she hadn't with anyone else. There was something about him that put her at ease, something that made her feel seen and understood in a way she hadn't felt in a long time.

Their conversation flowed effortlessly, covering everything from their shared experiences at university to their hopes and dreams for the future. With each word exchanged, Isabella felt herself falling deeper under Alex's spell, the barriers she had erected around her heart slowly melting away.

As the night drew to a close and the bar began to empty, Isabella and Alex exchanged phone numbers, their fingers lingering on each other's as they made plans to meet up again soon.

"I had a great time tonight," Alex said, his eyes sparkling with warmth. "I can't wait to see you again, Bella."

Isabella felt a smile spread across her lips as she looked into Alex's eyes, a sense of hope and excitement bubbling up inside her. "Me too," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.