Chapter 23 : The Company

No Proof Reading

An urgent call from Lala's old friend forced Richa to barge into the office during the mid night. It wasn't new to her. When Lala was alive, the words day or night didn't existed in her life. She was the one who handled every business Lala agreed to do. She knew his biggest strength and smallest flaws. 

But today, someone else occupied her place giving her a mild shock. 

Richa silently approaching the man,

" Mr. Shekhavat, aap yaha, is wakth?..." 

Rajveer who was intensely studying something on the laptop, raised his eyelids,

" Woh kuch company ke policies dekh raha tha." 

He continued his reading not at all startled by the sudden approach.

Richa went to his side, trying to see the documents,

" Yeh toh retirement policy he! Aapne abhi abhi company join Kiya he, itne jaldi chodne ki tayyari bhi kar rahe. Wahh !!..." 

She clapped to instigate him to know the matter.

Rajveer rolled his eyes,

" Ismein grade 6 ke baarein mein kuch bhi nahi he." 

He asked 

Richa scrolled down to understand his question,

" Grade 6, company ke bahot low operating level he. Jismein Watchmen, sweepers and cleaners aate he. Toh shayad..." 

Rajveer turned his chair facing her,

" Richa, yeh log bhi toh apne employees he. Inke kaam bhi itne hi important hote he jitne humare. " 

Richa saw him sharply, sensing the seriousness in his voice,

" Come to the point Mr. Shekhavat. It's already past 2 " 

Rajveer showed a file of a man,

" Yeh he Mohan Kaka, humare is building ke watchman. " 

Richa scratched her nose remembering the man, who just opened the gates for her,

" North East gate, right!?.." 

Rajveer nodded affirming her words,

" Yeh 25 saal se humari company ke liye kaam kar rahe. Is ummar mein bhi night shifts pull kar rahe." 

Richa - " Subki apni apni zarooratein hoti he. Unke bhi he. " 

She commented not at all appreciating his sentimental words 

Rajveer chose not to speak against her words,

" Aur unki ummar 55 se bhi zyada. Shayad 57 bataya tha unhone. Inke parivar mein bus do potiyaan he jinke padai aur shaadi ke sapne dekh rahe he yeh. Lekin retirement ke baad toh inke hisse mein kuch bhi nahi jaayega. Bus kuch hazar rupiye..." 

Richa closed the laptop, understanding where his words are going towards,

" Yeh policies humne nahi, company ne banayi he. " 

Rajveer - " Jise badla jaa sakta he. " 

He challenged her 

Richa thought for a while, playing with a paperweight before answering Rajveer's question,