Sitting in a sea of ceremonial robes never truly gets old. This may only be my third year here at Night Raven however It feels much shorter than that.This year ought to be a rather interesting one as I look over to the side where Professor Crewel sits with a singular student in robes beside him clearly not being sorted with the rest. I look to my side looking at Melodi as she stares at those being sorted with a blank look on her face. It makes sense to be bored of such ceremonies as third years since we have already been through this twice. I look to my right as I hear Cater Diamond and Trey Clover discussing amongst themselves about what dormitory each of the first years will be sorted into. It sounds like a rather Interesting conversation and I wish I was able to participate however I was too far away to speak to them quietly. Looking up I start to pay attention once more to the dorm sorting as one more student gets sorted to the Heartslabyul looking rather rambunctious , as a tall and buff first year steps up to the mirror

"State thy name" States the dark mirror.

"Jack Howl" the giant boy says to the mirror facing away from the crowd.

"Your spirit belong in Savanaclaw" The mirror 'voice' booms to the room. Hmm the boy will fit rather well within Savanaclaw. More bets are being placed for each student as the line goes on, however I can't help but wonder why that one first year over there is sitting with the staff rather than being sorted into a dorm. It seems like 3 students have been sorted while I was lost in thought and now that tall loud green haired fae is stepping onto the platform where the mirror floats. His face bearing a serious look almost daring the mirror to put him anywhere but his desired dorm. The boy states his name to the mirror and as the mirror responds the boy looks like he's beaming as he is put into Diasomnia. I grin watching the boy sit with the crowd of Diasomnia students clearly looking proud of himself. As the last student takes his seat the rest of the housewards stand up to welcome the newcomers of their respective dorms.

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignments? All right, new students—let me be clear. At Heartslabyul House, I am the law. Break the rules, and it's off with your head!" Roseheart states confidently to the Heartslabyul students.

"Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever" Kingscholar says as a yawn escapes his mouth "I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me."

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of Octavinelle House, I am honoured to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience." Ashengrotto says to the new students.

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went?" Schoenheit says, clearly irritated "He disappeared midway through the ceremony..."

"Some headmage he is." Shroud says through his ipad.

"Maybe he had a tummy ache?"Al-Asim wondered with his usual innocent tone. BOOM The headmage slams open the doors as he enters the hall with another mysterious student and a strange tied up screaming racoon-cat in tow.

"I most certainly did not!" The Headmage states, clearly offended.

"Ah, speak of the devil." Roseheart whispers to himself.

"If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show up for orientation." The Headmage blames the newcomer, despite it being his own job to account for and organise the students. The Headmage looks at the mysterious student and nudges them forward. "You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel."