The Price Of Obsession (Taennie)

Jennie's POV

I woke up one morning to the sound of my alarm buzzing incessantly. The sunlight streamed through my window, illuminating the messy room that I had neglected in my end-of-semester frenzy. College was overwhelming, and I had just a few weeks left before finals. The thought of having to juggle study sessions, projects, and a part-time job was enough to make my head spin.

After a quick breakfast, I threw on my favorite denim jacket and headed out, ready to tackle another day at campus. My classes were monotonous, filled with lectures that felt like they lasted an eternity, but a peculiar thought had been haunting me for weeks.

There was a new transfer student this semester. His name was Taehyung, and he exuded a charisma that both intrigued and unsettled me. The way he moved through the hallways with effortless confidence made him the center of attention. Rumors surrounded him like a cloud of mystery, whispers of his family's shady dealings and connections to the underworld.

Yet, I couldn't deny that there was something magnetic about him. It was as if he could sense when I was looking, and he would turn, meeting my gaze with an intensity that made my heart race. I had tried to shake it off, telling myself to keep my distance. But danger only heightened curiosity.

After classes, I headed to the library to study. As I settled into a quiet nook with my books, memories of Taehyung haunted my thoughts. I wanted to stay focused, but I couldn't help thinking about the way his dark eyes would gleam when he caught me looking at him.

"Hey, Jennie!" a voice piped up, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was Jisoo, my best friend, her arms loaded with books. "Any plans for the weekend?"

"No, just studying. You?"

"I think we should celebrate our freedom after finals! You need to relax a bit," she insisted, settling into the chair across from me.

Before I could respond, a shadow fell over our table. My heart dropped as I looked up and found Taehyung standing there, a teasing smirk on his face. "Mind if I join?"

"Um, sure," I stammered, completely caught off guard. Jisoo shot me a wide-eyed look, clearly just as surprised.

"Thanks," Taehyung said, pulling out a chair and leaning over the table. "You two are always in this corner. What's so interesting?"

"Oh, you know, just studying," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant, but my heart raced.

"I can see that," he said, his voice smooth and laced with amusement. "But how about I take you out for a break? I know a great café nearby."

Jisoo's eyes widened, and she nudged me under the table. "You should go! It'll be fun."

I hesitated, glancing at my pile of books. "I really should—"

"Just one coffee, Jennie," he interrupted, his gaze intense, the kind that made it hard to say no. "Unless you don't want to spend time with me?"

I felt a rush of defiance. Why was I letting some rumor about his family dictate my choices? "Sure, why not?" I heard myself say before I could change my mind.

Taehyung's POV

I couldn't help the satisfied grin that spread across my face when Jennie agreed. She was every bit as captivating as I had imagined, her quick wit and stunning smile lighting up a dismal library corner. I had made a name for myself in the underground world, feared and respected, but what intrigued me most was the thought of breaking through the walls she had built.

As we walked to the café, I could feel her tension in the air. I noticed how she kept glancing away, probably thinking of the rumors. I'd heard them all. "The New Transfer Student: Dangerous and Untouchable." But beneath the surface, I was just a guy who wanted to know her.