Part 6

A/N: Apologies for the long wait- I've been busy, and i sort of had writers block which im probably not fully over, and etc. I happen to be a procrastinator! ToT. Well, I hope you enjoy!

My mother explains all that has happened the past few months. Dwardous is secretly on truce with Silarius and Monirius, forming a plan to stop Destilas. Carlos says that he approached me because I seemed familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. When we danced, he realized I was probably Silarien , but was still wary, as he was concerned I may be a Destilas follower as they're experts in traditional arts. Of course, he didn't know I was the princess, since Mom was always careful to make sure no one knew my face, about which mom said she wanted to make sure I was always safe to go wherever.

"How did you know that, by the way?" I ask.

"Know what?" Carlos and Mom inquire in unison.

"My mother always hid my face from everyone except Silariens. And that helped me get to Dwardous safely, without suspicion. So, how did you know? I'm assuming it wasn't a coincidence?"

"Well, don't be silly! It was just a coincidence, I'm sure!" Mom squeaks.

Carlos and I exchange glances. The Queen of Silarius does not squeak out responses. She's never done that before- so it was unnerving.

"So, it seems that today you're a terrible liar, mama," I raise my eyebrows. "So, can you please tell me the true answer? You can trust me, okay? I'm your daughter."

"And I am an ally," Carlos adds. "You have no reason to fear."

Mom sighs, and holds out her hand. A sparkling globe appeared, causing me to shriek. Rest assured, it was a very elegant shriek.

Which was followed with a not-so-elegant shriek when her eyes turned gold. Like, completely gold. Even the white part of the eye!

My currently-possessed-looking mother began mumbling something unintelligible, and the light faded, the color returning to her eyes.

"What," I say. "In the kingdoms was THAT?"

Carlos is staring at my mother with awe. "The Gift. Your family has it?"

Mom nods. "I was granted with the Gift of Vision. Your family has the Gift, too, Carlos."

Carlos's jaw falls open, while I am still here scratching my head.

"Back up, please. What is the Gift? Why does he know about it and not me? " I demand.

Mom explains that the Gift was a magical blessing handed to the moon and sun kingdom over 1000 years ago. The eldest of the family would inherit the power of the Gift. Whoever was currently the royals of those two kingdoms would get it. That meant, both the queen and king, and their eldest child would have it. The Gift was meant to help kings and queens protect their people. If the person wielding the Gift was dark of soul, and used it only for greed, the gift would be stripped away, and they would forever be cursed.

I listen attentively, my heart sinking. If this was true, then Silarius and Monirius were in trouble.

"I can't believe my parents never told me..." Carlos mutters.

I shoot a look at him. "At least you knew it existed!" I say. Then a realization dawns upon me. Well, two realizations, really.

"Doesn't that mean I have the gift?" I ask, in a voice that sounds a lot more put together than I feel.

Mom nods.

"Do you know what it is?"

"No. But fortunately, there is an easy way to find out."

"How?" I'm curious now.

"It's easy." And in the blink of an eye, my mom whips out a dagger from her sleeve and throws it straight at me.

Something triggered in me. I know I wouldn't dodge in time at this point, but it was as if I already knew what to do. My arms fly in front of me as a reflex, and I shut my eyes, waiting for the dagger to come. It never did. When I am brave enough to open my eyes, I see the dagger floating in front of me. in midair. FLOATING. IN. MIDAIR!

My arms return to my sides, and the dagger drops to the ground.

"HAVE YOU GONE ABSOLUTELY INSANE? YOU COULD'VE KILLED ME!" I yell. I usually don't yell at my mom, but I feel that this is not a usual circumstance.

"I was aiming it for slightly left of you," She says calmly. "When I was tested, I saw where it would land, so I simply stayed still. It seems you have the Gift of Telekinesis."

"Oh. Okay, then. I forgive you.."

"Incredible," Carlos whispers. "I'm starting to wish I was the first-born, but alas. At least I'm good at fighting."

"Now, on to the second question. This prophecy, what does it have to do about the kingdoms bowing to Destilas? What exactly does he believe in?"

The queen of Silarius sighs.

"He believes in one who will wield a powerful version of the Gift. He believes that person will bring forever peace to the kingdoms, and he believes that since he realized he isn't the one, controlling, or killing that very person, may grant him that person's power, and therefore, control of the kingdoms."

There was something my mother wasn't saying, I know it.

"And?" I prompt.

"And he thinks it's you. He's coming for the you, the princess of Silarius, the wielder of the Telekinetic gift."