The Breaking Point: A Call for Boundaries

Rohith's voice was sharp as he uttered- "I didn't expect such double standards from you, Abhira Bhabi! You accepted Armaan without a second thought, but when it comes to Ruhi, you're being completely unreasonable."

Abhira turned to face him, shock evident in her wide eyes. Her voice trembled but remained firm. "It's not the same, Rohith. Armaan has changed. He's shown that he regrets his actions and wants to move forward."

Rohith's face contorted with disbelief, his voice rising. "And Ruhi hasn't? She deserves a second chance just as much as he did. You're being a hypocrite. This is nothing but Doglapan." The accusation hung in the air, heavy and cutting.

Abhira took a deep breath, steadying herself. "Rohith, I am just looking out for you. Please, don't take any decisions in haste."

Rohith's anger flared, his fists clenched so tightly his knuckles turned white. "That's absurd! You're just making excuses because you can't stand the thought of Ruhi staying here. You are being insecure like Dadisa said."

Desperation seeped into Abhira's voice as she pleaded with him. "I'm not making excuses, Rohith. Think about everything before you decide."

He crossed his arms, his face a mask of stubborn defiance. "And what about Armaan? He deceived you too. Yet you forgave him so easily. Why is Ruhi any different?"

Frustration and sorrow mixed in Abhira's eyes, her voice cracking under the weight of her emotions. " Because Armaan has proven himself! He made amends and genuinely moved on and loves me now. I am sure about Armaan. I was here for the last year when you weren't. I have taken my time, understood his POV, intentions, and forgave him. But can you say the same about Ruhi? Are you sure about her like I am? And stop making this about Armaan. I know you are upset with him. But this isn't the time to compare the situations and weigh our opinions on the scale. I'm just asking you to be careful."

Rohith shook his head, his expression a blend of disappointment, defiance, and fury. "This is unbelievable. You're blinded by your own biases. You don't want to see Ruhi happy with me because you can't let go of the past."

Abhira's heart ached at his words, each a dagger to her soul. She felt the sting of his accusation deeply, knowing the truth but unable to make him believe it. She had always considered Rohith as her brother, and his harsh words felt like a betrayal. She was genuinely concerned for him, and his refusal to see her perspective hurt her profoundly. But with that hurt, her resolve grew stronger. Every time something happened, she and Armaan were the ones who suffered the aftermath.

When Rohith left in the past after knowing the truth, her relationship with Armaan suffered the most because Rohith's absence enabled Ruhi to meddle in their lives. Armaan was asked to pacify a seemingly heartbroken Ruhi, and even after Rohith's return, Armaan was constantly asked to mediate between Ruhi and Rohith by Vidya. Abhira's concern wasn't born out of insecurity but out of a painful awareness of the patterns that had played out before. She wished Rohith could understand that her caution came from a place of love and protection, not bias or hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, Kaveri interjected with a cold, dismissive tone that cut through the heated argument. Her gaze was steely as she fixed it on Abhira, her words laced with contempt. "Abhira, you should stay out of family matters. Your so-called love for Armaan is just insecurity. You don't want Ruhi here because you're scared she'll come between you two."

Her voice dripped with a mix of sarcasm and scorn, underscoring her disdain for Abhira's concerns. Kaveri's expression was one of disapproval, her eyes narrowing as she continued. "It's clear to everyone that your objections to Ruhi aren't about what's best for the family but about your fear and jealousy. You've been so quick to condemn her while conveniently forgetting the mistakes of others."