𝟎𝟓𝟓. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐰𝐨

THANKSGIVING TIMES TWO
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-five,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-five, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐀𝐏, 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃. Today is Thanksgiving, and while I'm a huge celebrator of the holidays, this is the holiday that infuriates me the most. It's the holiday that I'm not thankful for because it's the holiday I always, without a doubt, get injured on.

Caesar and I were preparing the turkeys, and he stepped away for one second, leaving me with the evil turkeys. I was checking on them, and Jess decided to walk in and walk right into me, knocking me forward which caused my hand to catch onto one of the hot trays inside the oven.

   Now it burns. Really burns.

   And it's Jess' fault.

"How's the hand?" Dad asks, moving my arm out from under the tap so he can inspect the nasty burn mark on my hand.

   I shrug. "Stings. It'll be fine."

   "I don't know how you do it, Luce." I can hear the amusement in Dad's voice, I swear to God. "Come on, last year you tripped over nothing and fell into the cabinet that──"

"──was holding the cranberry sauce, I know the story, Dad. I stared in it."

He hides his laughter behind his hand, and if my hand wasn't sore from the nasty burn, I'd reach over and hit him. "Every year, like clockwork, kid. You always get hurt."

He places a hand on my head, and I stare up at him. "Maybe you should make your diner safer."

"Sure, I'll baby-proof it for you, Luce." I roll my eyes. "But I didn't even baby-proof when you were, you know, a baby."

"Yeah, I get it."

   "Maybe this holiday is just cursed."