The Jump

The Jump

Running up the stairs, already on floor 10, you turn and no one follows. You can finally be free. Finally see the real you, let the demons escape and fly. Once sprinting up the crooked steps of all 20 floors, you can see the light of the metal door at the top. Taking one huge breath, your eyesight is blurred and hearing is muffled. But you can hear faint footsteps at a fast pace also, as if hearing your own echo, in delay. It took a few seconds to adjust, until you realised, it's not an echo, that's another person following you.

The panic sets in as you bust open the metal door. "Who could that be chasing me?" You ask yourself, "Police? Paramedics?". It doesn't matter anymore, you're more determined than ever. All you can hear now is the sound of the street down below, cars beeping, engines rattling. Within a matter of seconds you hear the metal door from behind you swing open with a strong force. Followed by an adorable woman's voice "Please! Stop there!" and sniffling.

Ignoring the voice you walk closer to the edge. You can hear the start of sobbing from behind and you can no longer ignore it. Turning around, the surprise hits hard, it's Anna Kendrick. She stands with tears rolling down her rosy red cheeks, shaking with what was quite obviously fear. She looks exactly how you imagined, with her beautiful wavy brown hair draped over her shoulders. Her sparkling blue eyes warm your soul with sudden joy. She wore her skintight faded purple jeans, and her classic baggy 'Up all night' t-shirt. Your heart instantly breaks even more. "Why is Anna 'effin Kendrick here?" you ask yourself more confused than ever.

She takes tiny little steps towards you, holding out her left hand. Nothing is said but somehow you seem to know exactly how each other feels. After minutes of silence she finally reaches your side, you're literally a metre away from one another. She's even more perfect face to face. Her shining blue eyes, and her hair flowing as the wind blew. Another tear slid down her face dripping onto the floor from her quivering chin. She briefly looked at how close you both were to the edge and looked over, gasping with shock.

As quiet as a mouse Anna whispered "I love you, don't do this". Grasping your hand she managed to pull you a little away from the edge of the building. Again it's just silence for a minute or two, but Anna still held a tight grip to your hand, ensuring you won't go any further. She stared deep into your eyes, reassuring you without even using any words.

Breaking into tears Anna instantly realises how weak your body is getting and pulls you a long way away from the ledge. You can no longer see over the edge. Anna hugs you tighter than you could ever imagine, her hands clenched onto her own arms behind you, reassuring herself now. All to be heard now is sobbing coming from the both of you, and a faint ambulance siren. With her head in your neck you can just about manage to work out what she says next. "I don't want to live in a world without you, I care about you. You've changed my life, never mind me changing yours."

Wrapping her arm around your shoulder while turning, you both walk together slowly towards the safety of the door. Anna guiding you down each and every step while in deep conversation about what's just happened and smiling about the future. Her smile completely brightens up your day. The little wrinkles she gets by the side of her eyes as her smile gets bigger and bigger. You're happy, you're safe, you were saved by Anna K.

Some people say their world is 4.54 billion years old, but mine is just 29.