Crazy.

"Shaun Mover. 17. Seems to see things. He's been trying to prove to everyone that he isn't crazy for the past 4 years. So you're saying this just started happening 4 years ago?" The mental home worker questioned my mother.

"Yes, it just started. I don't know what could have caused this." 

"Ma'am are you sure nothing has happened at home? It is very rare for a patient in this situation to come in and it's only been happening for a few years. Something has to have caused it or he's just being haunted. Are there any spirits in your home?"

"Nothing's happened at home. If something did happen it would have had to happen in middle school. He was only 13."

"Ma'am there's nothing that this mental facility can do, if it hasn't been happening for more than 7 years."

"Listen lady, I need your help. I've been contacting this problem for as long as I could. I don't want my son growing up to be psychopath. He needs help even if he doesn't admit it."

"I'm sorry. We can't help you."

"Please!" My mom cried out. "if it helps we could talk to him from his point of view." The worker sighed.

I backed away from the door as I heard shuffling behind the door. The door opened to find my mother looking like she had been sitting in rain.

"Mr. Dawn, I'd like to speak to you." The worker motioned for me to follow him into cream colored room. "My name is Stan Lane, but I prefer that you call me Mr. Lane. I called you in so I could converse with you about your problem."

"Okay, ask away." I shifted in the recliner to get comfortable. "How long have you been having these....illusions?" He leaned forward on his desk and folded his hands.

"I can't really remember. All I can remember is being in my room one day then I started hearing these voices. I thought it was just my parents talking to loud downstairs, but when I called down and asked them they said they weren't even talking. So, then I went into siblings room, they were sound asleep. So I went back into my room to continue playing my video game. Five minutes into my game, I saw this shadowy figure appear in front of me.  I didn't know what if was, so me being me, I just swatted at it. It wouldn't go away, so I look up at it and said "What are you?" Instead of telling what he/she was if replied with "Shaun Mover, our master has chosen you. Come with us and your life with worry free. If denied our shadows will lurk around you and our voice with follow you." I didn't really believe it so I said thatI'd stay where I am. The shadow disappeared right after I said that leaving a lurking "You will regret your decision Dawn child." And that's why I'm like I am today." I let out a long heavy breath after releasing that. If felt good to get that off my chest.

Shaun, come with us.

I hit at my head trying to get the voice out of my mind.

The worker looked up at me in confusion as she jotted down everything I said. "So, what are the effects of this you not accepting this shadow's demand?"

"People ignore me like I'm some kind of monster now. My mom crys every time she sees me. And the friends I once had stopped talking to me." I looked down in embarrassment and fiddled with my fingers.

"Well, Shaun. You case is alittle different. I would bring you into this mental home, but you're too intelligent and achieving. I think the best you can do for now is just ignore the shadows and voices.

"Okay, it's not like haven't heard that before." I smiled weakly before opening the door and slamming it behind me roughly.

 credit to the "the-misunderstoods-rpg" on tumblr for letting me use this idea.