𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭

𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩. Not everyone gets to be the hero. Not when there are demigods like Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase out there, getting all the quests, all the glory, all attention.

𝘼𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝘼𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙗𝙚 was fine with that. He didn't need the spotlight. In fact, he was perfectly content to stay home at Camp Half-Blood where it was safe and familiar. The Fates, however, disagreed.

𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, Gaea sent her third born children to cleanse her kingdom in preparation for her arrival; the Ourae, ten enormous mountain gods with an axe to grind on behalf of their beloved mother. Ten monsters, just enough for each of the nine demigods plus one.

𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙮 𝙍𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙥, Camp Half-Blood needed every available hero preparing for the inevitable war and, of course, that's when the Oracle decided to spit out another prophecy. It wouldn't be any fun for the gods if they intervened at when it was convenient!

𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚-𝙤𝙧-𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 quest than a ragtag bunch of "heroes" who wouldn't be missed during the war efforts? Thus, the fate of the camp was left in the hands of nine underqualified demigods; the misfits, the outcasts... the 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬.

•·················•·················•·················•·················•·················•

❝𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳
𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳
𝘛𝘰 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘥𝘰𝘮, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘍𝘰𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘭
𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭
𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦❞

•·················•·················•·················•·················•·················•

𝙂𝙤𝙙𝙨, help us all.

[Takes place during Blood of Olympus, book five of HoO]