𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Before we dive headfirst into the story

Welcome to The Time is Ticking. 
I often tried to write this story, but it never clicked. Now that I put more thought into it
I feel like I can finally start this story and present it.

This story is MxM (Man/Male x Man/Male). All characters so far are adults. This story will contain blood, (poorly written) gore, and smut, and hopefully, a good story in all

Before you start, I don't mind people correcting my grammar, as everyone would love to have a story with good grammar.

Thanks to everyone giving TTIT a try,  -Z 

ARDEN POV

Brown eyes stared at the massive crowd slithering at the edge of the houses, cheering with flags hanging either from houses or some of the people waving them in the air.

With a sigh, Arden leaned back as his eyes focused on the moving outside while the carriage was moving towards their destination. "Stop pulling that face. I know we're both unhappy with this, but you have more face to lose than me." a light chuckle left the person to Arden's right.

Taking a glance at the man beside him, Arden saw his right-hand man, Alastair. Arden and Alastair grew up together, as most would when their parents were close themselves.

Controlling himself not to roll his eyes at his right-hand man and best friend, Arden still let out a scoff, "I know that pretty well myself, but we all know this old man is just trying to save his face." he muttered as the hand on his lap turned into a fist.

The 'old man' was the leader of the human folk, or rather, known as the King of Crunao. The name of the Kingdom was the same as that of the Leaders, which made it easier to know when the Leader changed. But what made Arden dislike the man was that he always felt like he was something better than the rest of the Leaders, even though it's known for them to easily wipe out the humans walking around.

But the Kingdom of Crunao was the only one that first ever allowed the supernatural beings to settle down in the Kingdom, which wasn't a thing and still isn't for most to have other beings mingle with their own. So, when humans took the first step, they felt more powerful.

But since Quinn Crunao was king in his older years, the obvious greed and the feeling of being better while some of the other leaders were settling down in his Kingdom seemed to have gone to his head. This ended with the other Leaders being rather dissatisfied with the man. Still, the peace in which the Kingdoms are living is rather peaceful, and they would rather not destroy it as long as nobody else makes the first move to break it.

Now, with dissatisfied leaders, Crunao took it into his own hands to change that, which in the end led to this invitation into the king's home. This still upset Arden, as he was rather far away from this pest, whom the others and he called King Crunao.

Seeing as they slowly came closer to the castle, Arden slowly tried to get ready to put on a facade. Just as he straightened his back and looked back out of the window, a pair of eyes caught his attention as suddenly, a scent drafted into the carriage that sent his emotions haywire.

Arden's brown eyes widen as he takes in the scent before quickly leaning forward to catch a glimpse outside. He turns his head to the side in hopes of finding the person.

Yet all he could see was a big crowd of people. Suddenly, a hand landed on his shoulder, pulling him back. Alastair's frowning face came into his view, and there was obvious confusion and concern. "Are you good man?" Alastair asked, concerned, but Arden didn't give an answer, as he was lost in thought.

The scent still lingered in his nose: lemons and mint.

Clearing his throat, as his eyebrows knitted together, Arden looked at his best friend. "I think I might've found my mate," he said, his heart hammering in his chest. It was obvious that he didn't think his mate was here, and he technically found them; he knew that his mate was somewhere in this Kingdom.