𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

I actually forgot to look over the chap and edit it T_T I was so happy to be done
But now re-upload with everything set.. I hope

ARDEN POV

Quickly following through the window, Arden didn't wait any longer, fearing not making it in time to save his mate. 'Alastair, wait by the house until I tell you otherwise.' He told his best friend while he kept running after the trail from the Rouges and his mate's scents.

So far, he has not felt any kind of pain, which alarmed him about his mate's condition, which was a good thing, but that didn't make him slow down, as he wouldn't risk it changing for the worse.

I'll rip them into shreds when I get my hands on them. Arden thought bitterly while he gritted his teeth.

He slowed down as the scent of the Rouges got stronger. Slowly making his way over, he felt the claws growing. Grabbing the nearest Rouge, he quickly ran his claw deep into their chest before ripping downwards.

The Rouge was panicking as their arm flew backward towards their attacker, but he quickly moved from the stomach up to their throat and ripped through it before dropping them like garbage.

A growl sounded beside him as he quickly stepped back, avoiding the claws trying to sink into his skin. The second Rouge didn't waste another second and tried to attack again. Concentrating on the Rouge, Arden backstepped the attacks, firing up the anger of the other.

With a quick movement, he scratched over the Rouges' face, successfully hurting their eyes in the process. As they screamed in pain while stepping back, shielding their face, mostly their destroyed eyes, Arden made a quick process and pierced their chest, breaking the ribcage before puncturing the lungs and heart.

Pulling his claws out, he watched as the Rouge fell to their knees, showing their bloodied face, before falling over. I wasn't really ripping them to shreds, but this also works. Arden thought while kicking the corpses aside and sneering at the dirty beings.

Now that the threat was dead, he remembered he was only here because of his mate. Taking a deep breath, his brown eyes scanned his surroundings in a panicky manner, only to realize that his mate wasn't there. His mind was haywire the moment he saw the Rouges. Anger and hate controlled his senses, which is probably why he didn't notice the sound of water.

Walking to the edge, Arden looked at the dark water that was storming through the path.

The smell of his mate was gone. Biting his lip, he didn't try to make rash decisions, so he walked along the edge, hoping to get another hint of where his mate was. Anything else than them jumping into the water.

As nothing else came up, with a sense of fear, he couldn't help but grit his teeth. It seems the only way to find his mate was by following the river. Without wasting another second, he walked along the edge, looking for any type of danger, something suspicious, or even his mate.

'I followed their scent until it ended at a river. Make sure that there aren't any more Rouges around before coming over.' Arden sent through the link between him and Alastair. 'Stay safe.' was the quick answer from his friend.

Arden walked near the edge for a few minutes, as he could hear a waterfall ahead. Biting the inside of his cheeks, his walk turned into a jog as he neared the end.

The trees were cut off a few feet before the edge, and as brown eyes looked at the end of the river, he could see a person in the water. A log was hedged between stones snug in the ground. The person was hanging between a few branches that still rested on the log.

Quickly making his way over, he could smell the scent of his mate again, but it was rather faint as if washed away constantly. As he made his way over to his mate, big leathery wings sprouted from his back before he flapped them slightly to hover above the ground.