prologue-Marauder's Era

Graduating Hogwarts during the middle of a war was never something Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, James Potter, Lily Evans, and many of their friends ever expected to do

Graduating Hogwarts during the middle of a war was never something Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, James Potter, Lily Evans, and many of their friends ever expected to do. When everyone thinks about their Hogwarts experience they think of learning magic like their family and ancestors before them, making lifelong friends, getting prepared to live in a magical society, and maybe even falling in love along the way. They do not however think about whether or not they would even live long enough to pass their N.E.W.T.S let alone graduate. The Dark lord had already killed many witches and wizards much more powerful than them, so the only solace they had was living in the same Castle as the one man Voldemort feared more than anything or anyone else... Dumbledore.

So instead graduation seemed more like it was leading them towards their doom rather than their destiny. Who were they to fight against one of the most dark, evil, and dangerous wizards of all time, and fight against his army. But fight they would because many of them were trying to live on despite not knowing if they would live, even to see the sunrise the next day. Many of their friends were obtaining jobs, getting married, and building families. Sirius himself had recently got eloped to one of his best friends in the entire world and the man of his dreams, Remus Lupin. But he still wondered if he would get to live a life with the man he loved, without having to look over his shoulder every single day, wondering when Voldemort, or one of his many death eaters, would strike him, or every single person he loved down.

He tried to keep happy memories at the forefront of his mind lest he drown in all the sorrow of the present. Among those memories, are when he first met James and Remus on the Hogwarts express, sharing many candies, and arguing with Snivillus about which house was best. James had already been sat in a compartment with his twin sister Jemma and his future wife Lily, and their future nemesis, Snivillus. Even though the mood was slightly darkened by Snape bringing up Sirius's family and that he was 'one to judge the slytherins' the memory couldn't be tainted, because of the joy he James, Jemma, and eventually Remus, when he asked to join them later in the ride, had joking and sharing stories.

Another memory he remembered was when they won their first quidditch match in second year, James and Sirius had both be chasers, on the Gryffindor team, and he remembered after winning the cup, at the end of the year, Remus had hugged him (He was usually not a very touchy person), which had just been the icing on the cake to winning the cup. He realizes now that he had had a crush on Remus from the beginning of their second year, that only blossomed into full on love as they got older.

One of his best memories was in his third year when his older sister Carina had her first child Estelle, and his cousin Andromeda had her daughter, Nymphadora both in 1973. He had snuck out of his parents house, numerous times to go meet the children, since he had missed her wedding and the birth due to their parents cruelty. He was proud to claim that Estelle's first word was Padfoo (which was 'definitely' not his doing), and he was also proud to state, that he taught Nymphadora her first transformation as a Metamorphmagi, a dog snout. Another good memory in this year was when they got to help Remus with his wolf-cycle for the first time, as unregistered animagi. He was so grateful he had hugged Sirius again.