Part 2

Tears escaped her eyes. "After year three, he got forceful. One day, he came in angry about work. I tried to calm him, but he slapped me and told me that I would never help him. He married a famous woman, and I couldn't even get him a million-dollar deal. I got up from the floor, trying to de-escalate the issue, but it didn't work. He told me I had to learn, so he grabbed me by my neck..and he" nothing came from her lips.

Drew already knew what had happened from her tears and body language. "Have you tried to leave before or after that incident?"

Karen said afterward that his charm had fooled everyone. He froze my accounts, and my parents loved the money he gave the church for their projects and the family. No one cared to see my pain and bruises, only his charm and money. I had no choice but to return. My parent told him where I was, and he told them how he would change, and it was my fault that he hurt me. So, after that, I've been hiding money to escape.

Drew would never deny that he always found Karen attractive in high school and still feels a spark now. His soul broke for her and her dilemma, and he slightly valued helping her. "How is your husband talking about the news of the pending divorce?"

Karen looked down and said he didn't know he was away on a business trip and had to hurry and gather my things before he returned.

Where will you be? Drew asked curiously

I'm not sure yet, but I have enough for your retainer and a few months' rent, Karen said proudly.

Drew said there was no need for the retainer. You are a friend, famous, and I can't allow him to hurt you any longer. Are you going to leave and not say anything

Karen smiled and nodded her head. I'm afraid to tell him. I don't want him to hurt the baby. I'm about eight weeks, and he doesn't mind hurting me. I have no one to support me, so I have to protect myself and the baby.

Drew said, disappointed. "So he doesn't know?"

It's definitely for the best if he doesn't. Drew, please don't pity me. I know I'm in a messed-up situation, but I can manage.

Drew said I would never pity you. Do I want to help? Yes. They exchanged information and hugged

Karen opened the residence door and talked to her sister on the phone while packing everything she needed to leave. "Yes, Twinkie, I'll be at rehearsal at 6, as I said.

Twinkie was happy and said, "Good, when is he coming back?" She knew everything that was going on, but like the rest of the sisters, she couldn't do anything about it.

"Tomorrow, so I gotta hurry up an-" before she could finish her sentence. The alarm beeped and turned completely off. "Twinkie, let me call you back. I guess Doe's here to ensure I come to rehearsal on time.

Twinkie, well, Thank God ok bye

Doe, is that you? She says her husband is looking at the boxes filled with clothes and the moving van outside.

He walked closer to Karen and said, "Where do you think you are going?"

Karen was afraid to answer to say "Jason."

ARE YOU LEAVING ME he screamed with so much anger

Karen backed up from him as far as she could and answered, "Yes."

He laughed. Baby, we've been through this. You can't leave me without leaving in a body bag; you have nothing and no one without me.

Karen shook her head. "No, that is not true. I'm leaving, and there's nothing you can say or do about it.

Jason laughed a laugh like an evil character in a movie. "Are you sure, wife? I can think of a few things I can do if you don't unpack this stuff and get in that bed. I went towards her and grabbed her.

Karen quickly escaped his grasp and said, "We are getting a divorce. I have a lawyer, and it's official."

Jason smiled, walked back to where Karen was, and punched her. "See, there you go pissing me off; I hate to do you like this. He grabbed a crying Karen off the floor, slapped her, and threw her into the bedroom. As she falls to the floor, he kicks her, screaming, "You are useless without me; no one will believe you. Each word earned Karen a kick or a blow to the body from his fist.

Karen, feeling blood run down her body, screamed, "Okay, Jason. I'm sorry, I'll never leave you as her body went limp.