1. Surprise..... maybe shock

I was peacefully sleeping when a loud noise pulled me out of my slumber. I  rubbed the remnants of sleep from my eyes, wondering what made me wake up so suddenly.  I couldn't comprehend what was happening. I reached for Ahaana but all I felt was empty bed. She wasn't here where did she go. The realisation of Ahaana not being here made me worried for her. I looked for her in the room but there was no one.

The only sound I could hear was the soft rustling noises of the leaves coming through the window that opened towards our backyard. I heard sudden Whispers in the corridor and I decided to go look at it. As I was getting closer to the door of our room I could hear light footsteps. It was like someone was tiptoeing but it's past midnight who could it be. I was close to opening the door when suddenly with a loud noise it opened.

My reflexes made me step back a few steps and duck my head.
Suddenly, the lights flickered on, bathing the room in a warm, golden glow, and a chorus of "Happy Birthday!" filled the air, like a symphony of joy. My eyes widened in wonder as I saw my three not so little monsters  siblings jumping onto me, bearing big smiles and a tray laden with an assortment of colorful cupcakes, balloons, and a steaming mug of my favourite hot chocolate, releasing a rich, velvety aroma that filled the room.

" Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you",~ the three of them again sang in unison. Clapping gently , I finally felt my heart going back to it's normal rate.

" Di blow the candles quickly this pink cupcakes looks so delicious I want to have it",Avni said in her sleep ladened pleading voice.

" Okay I'll make a wish", I said closing my eyes and wished for a happy and peaceful life with my family.  I blow the candles. Making Avni quickly reach for the pink cupcake, only to be stopped by a gentle slap on her hand by Ahaana.

" Let her have the first bite she's the birthday girl give her a special treatment today, stop craving for your special youngest baby privileges for once", Ahaana said.

"Avni have it", I reached for the cupcake and handed it out to her.

" Thank you", she said quickly and made a teasing face to Ahaana and got back to nibbling at her cupcake.

" Di give me the blue one please I am little baby brother ", Advik said making a pout that did make him look cute and I gave him the cupcake he wanted while Ahaana gave him a tough glare too.

I picked another one with yellow butterscotch frosting and extended it towards Ahaana to take a bite.
"You are the birthday girl we were supposed to make you feel special but these dumb kiddos are always hungry", she said eyeing those two.

She kept the tray aside and picked the one with chocolate frosting and extended it to me I took a small bite. " Happy Birthday dii", she said gently. " Thank you Ahaana now have", I said extendin the cupcake to her.

She handed out the hot chocolate to me. "This one is specially for her you too better don't try to ask for it", she said glaring at them.

" Ahaana di I don't like chocolate, I love strawberry flavour it's so lovely moreover my stomach is full and I want to sleep", she said yawning the latter part and moved towards her room.

"Di even I have school tomorrow, if I don't sleep now I'll definitely be late bye bye good night ", with that Advik left the room too.

"What do you want for birthday?",Ahaana asked. "I don't have much money but yes I can afford a decent gift for you. Should I get you a good watch",she blabbered lost in her own thoughts.

"Theres no need for that buy something for yourself with the money. I already have a enough watches for myself", I argued.

"Then tell me something else that you need you are turning twenty. Ohhh God you survived almost two decades in the pathetic world you deserve some appreciation to continue on for further decades to come. So tell me should I get you some good book or anything?", she looked at me expectantly.