4. To be engaged

I could see Ahaana was right , the way Taiji made so many snacks for them like the royal family of Udaipur was starved for years. She made sure to make all arrangements to please them. The way she guided me talk softly and agree to everything they say, keep my eyes down and ten other things to make me look like the most docile living being on this planet. I simply nodded at all her instructions until a loud car horn was heard and she rushed out with Tauji.

For a second I had the thought of taking a look at the man who would probably be my husband but then refrained and went inside the kitchen to see if everything was prepared nicely or not.

.
.
.
.
Almost three hours later I was back in my room Ahaana was asleep with her book open. I closed her books and sat beside her and wondered about everything that happened. The man I was going to get married to Vihaan Singh Rathore wasn't there. Apparently he had some really important business that he couldn't skip to get an hour or two to meet the one he'll be soon married to.

What an arrogant person I already don't like him. Though I like Ranisa and Vidhi. They were really sweet to me. Ranisa looked more than interested in making deep and thoughtful conversations with me she also asked about my qualifications and interest for my further studies. But before I could say anything Taiji interrupted and said I was never interested in studying nor was I good at it neither do I have any intentions of studying ahead. Ranisa looked a bit disappointed.

Vidhi was really nice she talked to me about her school life her intrest in science and hatred for maths that me remember my school days. I loved maths and I always scored well in it the only subject I didn't like was history there was just too much to learn.

She also talked about her brother's Ved and Vihaan. As per her description her elder brother was stern, perfectionist and hated mess. She told me about instances when he got annoyed because as a kid Vidhi made mess in his room.

How can I forget the most important thing thay I'll be engaged to him this weekend. It's already tuesday so just four more days to go.

Moreover Ranisa invited me and Ahaana to go for engagement shopping with her tomorrow since she wanted my engagement dress to be matched with Vihaan's sherwani.

She also asked about Ahaana and Taiji lied that she was resting because she wasn't feeling well. I wonder how does she come up with these lies so quickly. I bet my brain wouldn't function like her if put in a stressful situations. Anyways I need to put my head together and make things work I can't make all of this difficult for Ahaana or any of my three siblings.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Wednesday

Last night I told Ahaana about my engagement and she was visibly upset with the idea of me getting engaged so soon. Honestly I am sceptical about this whole thing as well how come randomly Rani Sa of Udaipur that ruled most part of the whole state decided that I should be married to her son. Though we belong from the same cast and religion but I know for a reason that status of every family matters specially when involved with the royals.

My great-grandfather was an exercising Mukhiya of  district Kherwara that lies at the border of Udaipur and Dungarpura. He was a very reputed man but with democracy being more prevalent our family lost power and administration of the area but still my father was chosen as a Mukhiya and after that currently Tauji at that position. But none of that matches the lineage of Royals.

But I need to convince Ahaana that I am okay with how this marriage. I hope she stops getting herself in trouble. I noticed her she was ready and waiting for me while doing something on her phone.

"Ahaana I am ready. Let's go", I said arranging my dupatta. She nodded and started walking towards the door. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror before leaving.