Attention

WAHHHH WAHHHH

The shrill sound of a baby crying filled the air.

"It's a boy dear." The mother says looking down at the baby in her arms

"Yeah. Hoshi look its your younger brother." The father said turning to a small girl beside him

Hoshi's eyes widen in intrigue as she looks at the small baby crying in her mother's arms. She was now an older sister.

"Do you want to hold him Hoshi?" Her mother, Ilyssa asks

Hoshi hearing the offer from her mother nods her head vehenmently wanting to feel her brother's tiny form in her arms.

Ilyssa tenderly passes the baby to her 4 year old daughter making sure the baby is secure in her arms before letting go. 

Hoshi turns around and looks at the baby in her arms. The baby stops crying in her arms and looks up at her with intrigue. He reaches up as if to inspect the new girl holding him.

"Nice to meet you Otoutou. I'm your Onee-san Hoshi Sano." Hoshi says rocking the baby boy in her arms warranting a few chuckles from the baby

While Hoshi was engrossed in playing with the baby Ilyssa and Shinichiro spoke softly to each other

"Dear do you think Ryu will be more brilliant than Hoshi?" Ilyssa asks watching her daughter and son with a tender look

"He better be." Shinichiro says with a somewhat stern tone

Ilyssa gave her husband a bit of a pout, not really liking his tone of voice

Ilyssa was a 5 time olympic gold medalist in beach volleyball for Brazil and was touted as the best ever in the sport. Her husband was the creater of Yesla, an electric vehicle company which was booming gloabally. Both were incredibly talented in their own fields.

Hoshi was a miracle  one in a million child. A born genius who has the makings of a leader. She's also an incredible athlete. Beating older kids in judo without much sweat. Holding a kid to those one in a million standards was a bit ridiculous. But Ilyssa knew her husband had high standards for his kids, but if those standards were met he would be the greatest father ever. The amount he pampered and spoiled Hoshi, it was a miracle she remained down to earth and humble. 

She never had many expectations for her child when she was pregnant with Hoshi. But being blessed with a child prodigy felt so good as a parent. Other parents would gush over your child's greatness and give her compliments. Ilyssa didn't have to worry at all about Hoshi's future as she was pretty much guaranteed a spot in whatever industry she chooses to pursue. Ilyssa was guilty as well and couldn't help but want another kid like that.

So she didn't comment on her husband's tone.'

She was broken out of her trance by her son's cries.

WAHHHH WAHHH

"There there Onee-san is here." Hoshi said panicking slightly as she rocked her baby brother in her arms

"He must be hungry. Pass him to mama Hoshi." Ilyssa says with a gentle smile

And that baby was me. Ryu Aveiro Sano. A baby born with a world of expectations on his back, because of his brilliant sister.

Of course. I could never live up to her ridiculous standards. If I was 90/100 on a test she was 101. I was by no means a stupid kid. I was a born genius as well, able to pretty much ace every test without having to study much.