Episode 2: Tales of the Past

(We open on the Crystal Gems running through the desert towards an old temple; as they run, Jiro turns to Pearl.)
Jiro: Ok; tell me where we're going to again?
Pearl: We're heading towards that temple over there; we received a strange signal from it.
Amethyst: Yeah; it's just the usual, it's a long story.
Jiro: Ok, fair enough...
(As they reach the temple steps; Jiro looks up at the temple, it's old and withered.)
Garnet: Well... Here we are.
Jiro: Wow, talk about old...
Pearl: Well yes; it is a very old temple from many years ago.
Amethyst: Pfft, this is boring stuff! Let's do something fun!
(Jiro turns to Pearl and she turns back to him.)
Garnet (As she looks at Amethyst): This is important; Amethyst, now focus.
Jiro: Who made this temple?
Pearl: The Gems...
(The Android looks back at her in shock.)
Jiro: Whoa, but how?!
Pearl: That's right... The Gems made this temple many years ago.
Garnet: When they inhabited this land.
Amethyst: That must have been a long time ago, I don't remember such a thing.
(Jiro looks back at the old temple; as he is studying the temple, he suddenly hears a noise like footsteps, he turns around. The Gems notice this and look at Jiro.)
Pearl: Is there something wrong?
Jiro: No; I'm fine, I just heard something and it made me a bit jumpy.
(He turns back to the temple and they begin their climb to the top; however, Jiro is unaware that something is following him. When they reach the top; Jiro notices that a mural on the roof depicting a great battle between the Gems.)
Jiro: Whoa; check that thing out.
(H points to the roof; the rest of the Gems look up and Pearl recognises the mural.)
Pearl: Oh yes! Oh yes; well spotted Jiro!
Amethyst: What is it?
Garnet: It is a reminder of the rebellion...
Jiro: The Rebellion? What's that?
(Pearl uses her gem to create a hologram of the mural; Jiro looks at it in shock.)
Garnet: That's the Rebellion...
Jiro: Whoa...
Amethyst: That looks harsh.
(Jiro walks around Pearl's hologram in curiosity; he suddenly recognises one of the Gems.)
Garnet: Is there something wrong Jiro?
Jiro: Wait a second... Is that?
Pearl: Yes; that's Rose Quartz... Your mother and the former leader of the Crystal Gems.
Jiro: (He looks at Pearl) That's her? She's beautiful... For a gem that is!
Amethyst: I have to agree with you there Jiro; she was beautiful...and very kind.
Garnet: Now then, (She turns to Jiro) let's try and activate your gem powers.
Jiro: Ok; how do I do that?
Pearl: You have focus your energy into your gem. (She points to his belt.)
Jiro: (He looks down at his belt.) My Conscience Circuit? Is that my gem?
Garnet: Yes; your Conscience Circuit is your gem, it's unique as it is actually two halves of two different gems.
Amethyst: Ok Jiro; you heard what they said! Focus!!!
Jiro: Alright; let's do this!!!
(As the Gems watch him; Jiro concentrates all of his power into his Conscience Circuit, it suddenly begins to glow and Jiro looks down at it.)
Jiro: It's working!!!