...is you.

The fireplace is set, the sound of wood burning making the place cosy. The light is faint, only the table lamp and a few candles helping the natural light of the fire. The living room is full of Christmas decorations and the tree is placed in the corner, a golden glittery star on top of it.

Kimberley extends a cream table cloth over the table and smooths it until it looks good. She starts putting all the plates, glasses, forks and spoons in each of the seats that are around the table. They are going to be a lot that night and that means she has spent the day slaving up in the kitchen, but she knows it will be worth the effort. The presents, as the perfectionist she is, took a lot of time to choose because she wanted every each of them to be perfect, but now she places them under the Christmas tree, knowing she has, or at least she hopes she has, picked the best for them all.

As the last glass is carefully placed on the table, Kimberley allows herself to fall on a chair and sigh contently. She admires the living room state and smiles. It reminds her of everything Christmas used to mean when she was a kid, it gives her that warm, fuzzy feeling in her stomach and makes her want to be a kid again. And that is what Christmas is supposed to be like.

A delicious smell invades her nostrils and she quickly gets up and goes to the kitchen. She has it all under control but she can't help but check again. She is, allegedly, the best cooker in Girls Aloud, so when it comes to food she always has to be on top.  Except for desserts though. She is pretty good at them but Nadine wouldn't allow her (or anyone) to make any. That's her job, she says, and they all know she is quite good at it.

The tv is on in some music channel that is playing Christmas songs. She hums contently to the song that is playing as she catches reflection of her figure on her mirror. She doesn't look bad, she admits, with her jeans and a loose, long t-shirt. Her hand goes to rest on her tummy and she smiles, knowing it won't stay that flat for too long.

The doorbell sounding takes her off her thoughts and she frowns slightly. She is not expecting anyone just yet, and she checks her clock in a split moment of panic thinking that time had really passed by so fast.

She opens the door and two pairs of dimples appear in front of her, making her smile.

"And who we got here?" Kimberley greets. A cheerful laugh comes from the toddler in Cheryl's arms as she holds her little arms out wide to be taken by the blonde. "Hello baby" she coos at the little girl as she smooths her face with loud kisses, making her squeal with laughter.

"Any for me?" Cheryl asks, and Kimberley rolls her eyes jokingly as she holds her other arm wide open so Cheryl can fall into it, managing to close the door with her foot. Cheryl kisses Kimberley mouth softly and as she does they both notice the little girl is looking at them curiously, her big brown eyes fixated on them. Kimberley then goes and kisses her little soft cheek and the baby squeezes her face with her little hands, making Kimberley moan and laugh.

"Liz! Don't be a meanie with mam!" Cheryl mockingly reprimands the toddler.

"How come you brought her home? I thought she would be coming with Sarah" Kimberley asks, leaving the baby on the floor and watching as she runs, still with that funny difficulty of when you first learn how to walk.

"My meeting ended sooner than expected and I thought about bringing her home. I spent the day talking about babies with Dannii and the moment I was out of it I just wanted to go get her" Cheryl says, and Kimberley feels her heart swell. 

"You are so mushy" Kimberley jokes, embracing her favourite geordie in her arms. Cheryl sighs softly in content in her arms.

"You love it really. And it's Christmas. I'm allowed to be like that". Kimberley presses a kiss on Cheryl temple and nods.