I would make it snow in summer

The fireplace is set, the house looks cosy with all the Christmas decorations they have placed all over. There are numerous drawings sticked to the doors, the walls have marks from when a little cheek decided to be a graffiti artist. There's a Santa hat thrown in the middle of the corridor. As Kimberley walks past it, she wishes she could pick it up, but the growing bump on her stomach does not allow her to bend over anymore. 

As she enters the kitchen, she looks at the fridge. There is a drawing sticked to it with a magnet. It says "Family", and the word is badly scribbled down, being one of the first attempts at writing. There's two big figures with long hair, and, Kimberley reckons, she is the one who looks better out of the two. Then, a figure in the middle, grabbing their hands. And a tiny small one in what looks like a cot, only if you have enough imagination. She can remember when they proudly placed it on the fridge, making a little girl very happy.

She smiles to herself as two hands touch her waist, trying to circle it unsuccessfully.

"I kinda miss being able to hug you properly" a geordie soft accent rings in her ear. Kimberley twists her neck to look at her and see the look of adoration on her brown deep eyes, still there, intact. Like it has been from the first day.

"I miss it too" she says, her eyelids falling softly as Cheryl places the sweetest of kisses on her mouth.

"Everyone is having fun" Cheryl says, signaling the living room.

"Yeah" Kimberley nods, with a smile. She places her hand on her stomach and sighs.

"Are you tired?" Cheryl asks. Kimberley shakes her head.

"A little, but I am fine" Cheryl knows her woman too well.

"You go back to the living room, I take care of the desserts" she says.

"No Chez, I'm fine, really".

"Kimberley, don't be stubborn. Go and sit with the others" she prompts, moving around to prepare the stuff.

"I'm pregnant, not incapable" Kimberley replies, with difficulty. She exhales loudly and it sets Cheryl's senses overworking. Kimberley winces in pain for a moment.

"Are you okay?" she asks, grabbing her arm.

"Yes I am, she's just kicking" Cheryl looks at her with concern and places her hand on her big belly. A smile appears on her face as she feels the strong kicking.

"She's feisty today" she laughs, and Kimberley smiles back.

A dark haired small girl looks at them from the door, a dummy in her mouth. As Kimberley catches sight of her, she frowns.

"Liz, that's your brother's dummy. Give it back to him".

"But I like it" the girl replies, with puppy eyes, shaking her head.

Cheryl approaches her and kneels down. "You are a big girl now, big girls don't use dummies", she says, taking it from her mouth. Liz's big brown eyes widen and her bottom lip sticks out. She looks about to cry, an adorable pout in her mouth. Cheryl has to stop herself from giving it back to her.

"But mummy" she starts, her small voice trembling. "But mummy, I want it" Cheryl shakes her head slowly.

"You can't take Andy's stuff when you like, he might get upset and cry".

Liz rubs her eyes with her little fists, pout still in place. Cheryl can't resist it and she takes her in her arms, kissing her cheeks.

"Come on, you gotta be a good girl or Santa is not going to leave any pressies for you". Cheryl looks at Kimberley from the corner of her eye and smiles.