Words We Don't Mean (J.O)

Warnings: angst (LIKE ITS REALLY SAD)

ssss

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Okay, so..... Jenna Ortega, the superstar actress I'm lucky enough to call my girlfriend, was supposed to come home to a night of romance and relaxation. I had this whole epic evening planned—think candles, her favourite meal, and a playlist of all our songs. It was supposed to be magical. Instead, it turned into a total trainwreck.

Jenna walked in looking like she'd just come from a war zone. Her hair was a mess, and her eyes were so tired they practically had dark bags under them. "Hey, babe," I said, trying to sound like a ray of sunshine. "How was your day?"

"Fine," she muttered, not even looking up from her phone. Ouch. My heart felt like it was sinking faster than a ship with a hole in it.

'Alright......' I thought

"I was hoping we could talk," I said, forcing a smile. "I'm here for you, you know."

Jenna's head snapped up, and I saw frustration flicker in her eyes. "I don't want to talk," she snapped. "I'm exhausted."

Okay, so this wasn't going the way I'd hoped. But seriously? I was trying to be supportive. "I'm just trying to help," I said, feeling my voice waver. "It feels like you're shutting me out. Aren't we supposed to be a team?"

"I don't need you to fix everything!" Jenna's voice was like a slap in the face. "Sometimes I just need space. Why can't you understand that?"

Ouch.

The words hit me hard. "Space? I'm trying to be here for you! You keep pushing me away, and it hurts. Maybe I'm trying too hard because I care!"

Jenna's face turned from tired to furious in seconds. "Maybe that's the problem! Maybe I don't know what I need, and you trying to fix everything is making it worse! We're shouting past each other, and it's tearing me apart!"

I felt my chest tighten. "If we're always fighting and pushing each other away, what's the point? If we're not making each other better, what are we doing?"

Jenna's eyes filled with tears, and my heart broke. "I don't know what to do anymore," she said, her voice cracking. "I'm so tired. Everything feels like it's falling apart. I don't know if we're helping each other anymore."

The words stung like a thousand bee stings. "Maybe we need to take a step back," I suggested, trying not to break down. "If we're always hurting each other, maybe it's time to reconsider everything."

Jenna's nod was slow. "Maybe we need a break," she said, tears streaming down her face. "I don't want to keep dragging you down, and I don't want to keep feeling like this."

The room felt like it was closing in on me. "Are you saying you want to break up?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

No. No, no, no, what?

Jenna's response was a devastating nod. "I think it's best. We're both so lost right now."

The door slammed shut behind Jenna, and the silence was deafening. I collapsed onto the couch, surrounded by the ruins of what was supposed to be a perfect night. The candles flickered weakly, and the playlist now felt like a cruel joke.

I sat there, feeling like a total mess. Tears streamed down my face as I looked around at the remnants of our evening. This was supposed to be special, but now it was just a painful reminder of everything that went wrong.

She's gone....she's actually gone. 

Jenna's POV:

Walking out of that apartment felt like walking out of my own life. The argument had spiraled out of control so fast that I was left reeling. The night air was supposed to be a comfort, but it only felt like a harsh reminder of how messed up everything had become.

I wandered through the streets, feeling completely lost. The city lights were blurry, and nothing felt right. I ended up in a park, where I used to go to clear my head. Now, it felt like a stage for my failure. I sat on a bench, the metal cold and unwelcoming, staring at an empty swing that seemed to mock me.

The argument replayed in my head like a broken record. I'd come home hoping to find some solace, but instead, I'd exploded. My frustration with my career and life had come out in the worst way. Seeing Y/N's face, their hurt eyes—it was almost too much to bear.

I pulled out my phone, half-expecting a message from Y/N that might fix everything. But there was nothing. The silence was crushing, a stark contrast to the chaos of our last conversation. I wanted to reach out, to apologize, but I knew neither of us were in the right place for a calm conversation.

The walk back to my apartment felt like a punishment. Each step was a reminder of the love I'd just thrown away. The city that once felt alive was now a cold, distant place.

Reaching my apartment, the emptiness inside was overwhelming. The silence was deafening, a cruel reminder of what we had lost. I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling the weight of our argument and the finality of our breakup. The love I once had with Y/N felt like a distant dream, overshadowed by the pain of our last words.

What have I done....?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS SAD STORY I JUST FELT LIKE I NEEDED TO ADD SOME IN YK??
I apologise in advance. I will make it up to you guys promise :))