The Great Distraction: Part Three

Pharynx had been standing guard at the Hive’s entrance, his eyes sharp and vigilant as always. He took his duty seriously, never letting anything slip past him. But today, his focus wavered when he spotted a familiar, mischievous figure approaching from the distance.

Trixie.

Even from afar, Pharynx could see the playful smirk on her face. He knew that look all too well—it meant trouble. Trixie had made it her personal mission to torment him whenever she visited, using her flirtatious manner to get under his skin. And as much as he hated to admit it, it worked every single time.

Pharynx's jaw tightened as Trixie sauntered closer, her hips swaying provocatively with each step. She knew exactly what she was doing, and it irritated him to no end. But before she could reach him, another stallion—one he didn’t recognize—stepped in her path.

Pharynx watched with growing annoyance as the stallion struck up a conversation with Trixie. He was clearly trying to flirt, leaning in closer than Pharynx thought necessary and flashing her a charming smile. Trixie seemed caught off guard at first, but she quickly recovered, batting her eyelashes and playing along.

The sight made something snap inside Pharynx. He didn’t know why, but the idea of another stallion flirting with Trixie, his Trixie, made his blood boil. His chest tightened with an unfamiliar sensation—jealousy, he realized. And it was consuming him.

By the time his shift ended, Pharynx was barely containing his anger. As soon as he was relieved of his duties, he stalked toward Trixie and the stallion, his eyes dark with fury. The stallion was still chatting her up, completely oblivious to the storm brewing in Pharynx’s eyes.

Without a word, Pharynx bypassed the stallion and grabbed Trixie, pulling her close to him. Before she could react, he crashed his lips against hers, kissing her with a ferocity that took her breath away. Trixie’s eyes widened in shock, but she quickly melted into the kiss, her body pressing against his as she returned the intensity with equal fervor.

Pharynx’s hooves tangled in her mane as he deepened the kiss, his possessiveness taking over. He wanted to make it clear to everyone—especially to the stallion who had dared to flirt with her—that Trixie was his mare. She was his, and he wasn’t going to let anyone else think otherwise.

The stallion stood frozen in place, his mouth hanging open in disbelief. He had no idea what was happening, or why the changeling who had been so stoic just moments ago was now passionately making out with the mare he’d been trying to woo. The intensity of the scene made him feel incredibly awkward, and he considered slipping away unnoticed.

But when he took a hesitant step forward, hoping to intervene or at least make his exit, Pharynx shot him a deadly glare that stopped him cold. Pharynx’s eyes burned with a clear warning: Stay away.

The stallion gulped, quickly realizing that this was not a situation he wanted to get involved in. With a nervous glance at Trixie, who was completely absorbed in the kiss, he awkwardly backed away and fled the scene, leaving the two of them alone.

When Pharynx finally pulled back, Trixie was left breathless, her lips swollen from the intensity of the kiss. She stared up at him, her heart racing and her mind spinning from what had just happened.

“Ph-Pharynx…” she stammered, trying to find her voice.

But Pharynx didn’t give her a chance to finish. His one hoove gently cupped her cheek, his other hoove brushing over her swollen lips. “You’re mine, Trixie,” he growled, his voice low and possessive. “And I won’t let anyone else have you.”

Trixie blinked, her surprise quickly giving way to a smirk. “Is that so?” she teased, though her voice was shaky from the intensity of his kiss.

Pharynx didn’t reply with words. Instead, he leaned in and kissed her again, this time softer but no less passionate. Trixie’s heart fluttered as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. There was no denying it now.

And as the two of them stood there, locked in each other’s embrace, the rest of the world faded away.