04. Preparations

"God is upto something or the devil wouldn't be fighting you this hard."

~Unknown

The upcoming days are filled with a lot of tension. No one was talking, laughing or even teasing each other. It felt like as if all of us are strangers.

I am not used to this environment and it is getting on my nerves.

Everett decided to stay with us till Rose gets married, no one knows who the groom is except for dad and him, both of them aren't willing to share anything.

The date for the wedding was fixed, it was to be held on the upcoming Saturday. Today was Monday.

4 more days.

Dad tried really hard to get the wedding cancelled, I overheard him whispering to mom in the kitchen that the 'groom's uncle is insisting on the marriage and wouldn't take no for an answer.'

Rose was to be married in a small church. The groom's family requested for a small intimate ceremony with only the bride and groom's close family present. They had no time for an extravagant wedding.

This request did nothing but raise more suspicions about these unknown people, one thing is for sure, they are very dangerous seeing how Everett accidentally spilled out that they can kill us.

I can't fathom how he got tangled up with such people.

No one is answering my questions. I know there is more to the story. What has Everett possibly done, that now our lives are at risk?

Why the sudden wedding?

Why does dad seems like he would beat the shit out of Everett any given minute?

If I ask something they brush it off. Saying it is not my business.

What rubbish!

Ofcourse it is my business, this is my niece-friend who we are talking about. I was sick of them all treating me like a child.

Rose is quite these days and prefers to stay in her room all day. I can understand her situation, but can't relate to it, no one can.

If I were at her place I would have behaved the same way, maybe worse.

Being forcefully married to an unknown man at 18, that to someone who is capable of threatening or worse actually killing people.

Leaving your dreams and aspirations without your will is every girls worst nightmare.

After her marriage, Rose is going to shift to Italy, her soon to be husband is Italian and he is a well known person there.

He is a businessman, and what little information I could get was that he is a billionaire.

A BILLIONAIRE!!

Why would a billionaire like him wants to marry a middle class girl all of a sudden?

Well, I have a lot of questions and no one to answer them. I sigh heavily while shifting in my bed.

The ringing of my phone brings me out of my thoughts, it's Olivia.

I can't stop the unconscious smile after reading her name. She and Sammy are officially in a relationship now.

When Sam ran after Olivia that day in school, he found her crying her eyes out in the janitor's room, she accidentally confessed her feelings to him in her emotional state.

Lucky enough, Sam shared the same feelings for her, but thought that she was too good for him and was scared to ask her out or worse jeopardize their friendship.

At the end both confessed their undying love for each other and are now are happy together.

Well something's going good in my life, I smile at the happy thought.

I talk with Olivia for an hour, catching up on different things mixed with some girls talk. I have not told my friends about the tension going on in my house, I would explain it to them after Rose gets married.

Dad has also advised us not to share anything.

It is time for dinner, Rose is present with us tonight but she is acting a little unusual, I can't point out what it is, but I sense it, I don't know if it is just me who feels this way. I think I observe things alot unintentionally.

I shrug off the feeling and focus on my delicious mac and cheese that is begging me to eat it.

~~~~~~~

The next few days are very hectic.

Everyone is busy with the preparations and shopping for the wedding. Even though it is an intimate wedding, there are still some things that needs to be arranged.

We are trying to make this wedding as normal as we can for Rose. She is not interested in anything and told us that we could buy anything we prefer.

Well she can't be blamed.

The big day finally arrives. It is Saturday and everyone is in a hustle, running around the house, dressing up, checking everything at the last minute, this wedding should be perfect for Rose, it would be the only good memory for her of this day.

The wedding was at 4 pm, we had plenty of time as it was 8 am right now.

Rose's wedding dress just arrived, it is one expensive dress. Luckily, we had no budget limit, the groom is a billionaire so we were told to buy whatever the bride loved.

As for her, she didn't choose anything, so I had to do the selections for her. I'm aware of her choice in clothes and decorations, it was not a hard task.

I know she will love the dress that I have chosen for her. I take the wedding dress and make my way towards her room. Mom and Bridget are already there, chatting and smiling while Rose is just nodding her head and replying with a small "hmm'' occasionally.

"The dress is here.'' I semi yell with a big grin plastered on my face while entering the room. Everyone turns their attention towards me "Rose, are you ready to see your dress?" I smile at her "hmm" she answers with a blank expression.

My smile falters for a second but I keep it intact to cheer her up, that's the least I can do. "Ok.. 1..2.. andddd 333" I prolong the last number dramatically and open the zipper of the cover in which the dress is packed safely.

I take out the dress and hold it out in front of Rose.

She gasps.

She actually showed some emotion after the whole time. I have to hold back my happy tears.

"So??" I ask, getting impatient. "Its.. Its marvellous.'' she whispers staring at the dress in awee.

"You like it?" I question again with the grin still plastered on my face. "like?? I love it!" she says walking up to the dress and holding it in her hands.

The dress is designed by her favorite designer.

She grazes her hand over the soft cloth.

Rose has always told me that how she would love to wear her favorite designers dress on her wedding day, but it was quite expensive, so she usually ended our conversation by saying how it will only remain a dream of hers.

Lucky for her, we didn't have a budget.
I grabbed the opportunity and bought the dress she would have preferred.

Mom and Bridget cry out tears of joy and compliment my choice. I turn my gaze towards Rose, she still has the dress in her hands with a small smile but..

Her eyes.

Her eyes are sad.
_________________________________

We're going to meet the groom soon.

Vote and comment my loves.. ♥️