44

"Sunghoon" Heeseung called, his voice came raspy because of his swelling emotions. He can see Sunghoon's eyes are on him.

"I told you....that maybe I'm from a different universe..."

Sunghoon blinked to process his words as he looked up at Heeseung.

"You trust me right?" Heeseung asked as he gently held Sunghoon's wrist, wrapping his palm around the tiny fist that Sunghoon is making.

"Yeah..."

As he heard the younger's response he took a long breath and looked into the younger's eyes.

"Just listen okay...just listen..." As Sunghoon stayed expressionless and Heeseung took it as an agreement.

"I'm from a different universe. I've unintentionally discovered a connection between this universe and mine. I never forget my memories, it's just the place and the people who are different. (Another deep breath).....you remember I've gone lost for a month?"

Sunghoon nodded silently. As Heeseung comes a little closer.

"I was in my universe, I was not here, I didn't intentionally leave...trust me, it's just.. it's just happened. It's kind of a spell, a whispering spell." Heeseung momentarily stopped and tried to read Sunghoon's expression. He tightened his grip on his fist.

"I know I'm talking nonsense now, everyone will think I'm rumbling some shit but please trust me, I'm not lying." Heeseung looked at Sunghoon again, noting his reactions.

Sunghoon was still standing there, with no expression. His voice dried in his throat when Heeseung said that. He really trusted Heeseung when he talked about being from a different universe but just trusted his situation back then, not the whole multiverse thing. His face paled when Heeseung said those words so sincerely not leaving any hole to think that he is just joking.

"But why......" He murmured weakly. His head hangs low in front of Heeseung.

And Heeseung knows, that his words are slowly affecting Sunghoon now. His heart started to beat at some impossible speed against his chest. He was waiting there, trying to see Sunghoon through his cold demeanor how he is feeling.

"Bu-...but I felt you were really staying with us...." Heeseung's heart aches. Torn between continues with his secret and Sunghoon's stuttering voice with his heavy breath.

After a few while Sunghoon looked into his eyes. He trusts him, he truly does. Even if people call Heeseung crazy, Sunghoon will be the only one who will stand with him and will try to trust him. But the implication in Heeseung's words bruised his heart without further clarification.

"So...you mean.. you'll leave?" He asked about the harsh reality of Heeseung.

On the other hand Heeseung blinked. He knows, he still has to leave. It's way too difficult to admit it in front of Sunghoon. He nodded. Admitting it because he has to.

"Are we really talking about leaving on confession day?" He said coldly and a hint of vulnerability in his tone that sank into Heeseung's heart.

Heeseung looked down as Sunghoon before tightening his grip on Sunghoon's now loose fist.

"I know it's not some typical thing in this situation. But we are also not typical..cou..couple, Sunghoon. I'm sorry that I'm from a different universe, it is all my fault to come into your life without any permission like some blowing storms. I'm.. I'm going in just six days, but i couldn't help my heart from confessing to you." Heeseung takes a heavy breath before continuing,

"I don't want to regret, I don't want to leave without making everything right. Damn... it's so hard for me to not even think about you in a single minute Sunghoon." His voice got raised a little at the end, in frustration, in longing and the thought of having Sunghoon this much power over him.

Sunghoon stepped back... "You'll leave..." I muttered.

As Heeseung was about to say something again when someone knocked on the door.

"Sunghoon... Your coach just called me and said you are going to the national team, why didn't you tell me about it?" Rumi asked from the other side of the door, a little frustrated too. And of course she will get frustrated when Sunghoon doesn't mention about him getting selected to compete in whole Asia level cup.

"Mom I'm busy... I'll talk with you about it tomorrow." Sunghoon said coldly. Pushing away his gentle and soft demeanor and his voice was firm this time.

From the other side of the door Rumi didn't push the topic hard as she walked away while muttering something underneath by herself.

The room went silent again when Heeseung and Sunghoon's eyes met. Heeseung could see the way Sunghoon is avoiding his stare and trying to compose himself by looking down, the way his body tensed under the weight of his emotions. He had gone through much more than Heeseung could ever realise. He cared about Heeseung in more ways than one. And when he felt relieved, felt his heart started to get warm..but only to burn.

"I want some time alone..." He murmured. The weight of his words didn't get reached to Heeseung. He felt frustrated because of the situation they are in. But Heeseung can't change anything, and he is glad to give Sunghoon some space.

"Su...sure..." Heeseung said barely above whisper. He gave a last glance at Sunghoon before walking out of his room, pushing the door close behind him.

Heeseung leaned back on the door as he rested the back of his head on it. He closed his eyes to ruminating what if..what if they were both in the same universe? Everything would be alright. They could be together, could be enjoying their life, could flex in front of his friends about how beautiful and soft Sunghoon is. But showing off is far from what he is dealing with now. The turmoil in his stomach was crashing him, making him weaker and weaker in each passing second.

And he realised, he wanted to be with Sunghoon, but also wanted his happiness. If he never confessed to him and always acted like he doesn't care...maybe, maybe today Sunghoon could be happy, and free from all weight. And he could live on his own too, just watching Sunghoon from afar..or maybe watching him only in his mind.

For the first time in his whole life he felt this useless, helpless to can't do anything for his heart. It was all fact when writers write about love, that it's more complex than reaching the galaxy. Because love doesn't define something to get. How desperately he wants Sunghoon only he knows. He cursed underneath. He thought it would be alright. He thought only getting to know that Sunghoon likes him too will make everything fine, that he can leave without any regret. But he was wrong. He was totally wrong to think about leaving someone so easily for whom you can die for and for whom you unintentionally travelled back to the other universe after not looking back at all the warnings.

His grandmother's words kept echoing in his ears like some midnight security announcements. She tried to shield him, wanted to protect his immature heart but too late when his heart was already taken by someone from a different universe. She was right when she said he will struggle to even live without getting the thing he will want in future. And that's right. He can't believe he could live happily without getting Sunghoon in his life. Yet he can't change the fact that he has to leave, he has to leave Sunghoon and go back to where he belongs. And he wants to savour every moment of being here with Sunghoon.

And he opened the door and got inside the room again.

"Sunghoon ...." He muttered to himself when he saw Sunghoon laying on the bed, back facing him.

"Sunghoon I need you."

(Note: Guys as you already know I've been busy now for my continuous classes etc etc...so if you want you can follow me to get to know when I'll update new chapters or other announcements. It will be easy for you all and me too as we can communicate freely there whatever the topic and plus new chapter updates...🫂🥹..okie I'll try to upload next chapter in this week. And.. follow me so that I don't have to write another chapter+note just to tell you that I'm busy again 🥲🫠)

Love you Butterflies
🦋