𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

You wake up, with your head pounding and an ominous voice booming across the seemingly expansive space. Slowly you blinked open, noticing the rest of the choir on the floor with you. They all were beginning to awaken, latching onto whoever was closest.

"Where...are we?" You asked carefully, feeling fear in your veins and panic fill your lungs. You hugged Constance and Ocean tightly, eyes traveling across the space you were occupying.

A timid voice popped up behind you replying, "The Twilight Zone."

All of you turned to look, surprised to hear Ricky speak. He was able to talk? Huh? When did that happen? How was that even possible?

"Ricky, sweetie, you can talk?!" Ocean asked, leaning towards him with a genuine but condescending look. She was... well a piece of work. He grinned and looked at all of you, a bit of joy sparking in his eyes you weren't sure was there before.

"Seems like it. Badass." He said, and you took far too much merriment in the way Ocean recoiled at the profanity. All of you were quite curious about Ricky's new found abilities but you didn't have time to ask them as circular lights began to shine behind you. It was almost like a game.

"Welcome children," The ominous voice said, causing the St.Cassian choir to jump into each other's arms with surprise, "It's time to play."

With one last squeeze to Constance you let her go, brushing off your uniform as you tried to detect where the voice was coming from. It sounded familiar but you couldn't place it, no matter how hard you tried. Suddenly a light shone above a large robotic man, although it was just a bust since he had no torso.

"Play? Play what? Who are you? Where are we?" Ocean demanded rushing towards the...fortune teller. Ohhh, he was the fortune teller from well, before the accident. From before you died.

"Introducing Ocean O'connell Rosenburg! Catchphrase," The fortune teller said, and you turned to watch as Ocean whirred to life. It was almost robotic with how she moved her body.

She pumped her fist towards the sky, a big smile on her face, as she shouted, "Democracy rocks!" Yeah..she was going to be a good politician, as if you hadn't already known.

Then her facial expression dimmed and she turned back to Karnak and said, "What was that?"

"Your catchphrase, obviously."

"No not that. I mean the whole moving against my will thing?" Ocean said, demonstrating with a very badly executed robot dance. You could do better, for sure.

He explained some more, quite honestly feeling like a bore. " Don't bore us, get to the chorus." He finished, explaining precisely how you felt. You snorted slightly, ignoring the look Ocean gave you.

"It's time to play."

"Play what?" You scoffed, raising your eyebrow. Maybe death was increasing your cynicism but what sort of afterlife was this? Did you all get the short end of the stick and go to the goodwill of heaven? You were about to let Mr.Fortune Teller hear your piece of mind when he interrupted, for once it was probably for the best.

"Introducing: [First Name] [Last Name]. Catchphrase:," He said, and you felt your limbs stiffen and move despite your desperate attempts at protest.

You felt yourself roll your eyes, hand on your hip as you dramatically proclaimed, "I'd rather kill myself!"

Then you were released, having a heavy breath and a flush on your cheeks. That was not quite something you were used to. Mischa caught your gaze and gave you a small nod, as comforting as the Ukrainian bad boy could get in less than dire situations.