Acknowledgements

After two plus years of working on the first draft of a Tale of Wild Roses, it is finally complete! This story has grown up with me, ever since I came back to school in person two years after Covid had become a global pandemic. I started this book in the 8th grade, shortly after I had watched the first season of Heartstopper. I wanted to create an "American version" if you will. Now I'm about to start my junior year of high school in a week. It's unbelievable how time flies in the blink of an eye.

No matter how many breaks I took from writing, I always came back to this story idea compared to the many others that I have. A Tale of Wild Roses started out as a plot plan, and now it's a full fledged book (it's currently 163 pages long). I can't believe that Angel and Oliver's story has grown into what it is today, but I couldn't have done it without countless people. Thank you to my best friend who's shown me what true friendship is supposed to look like. I appreciate the time you've put in to give me feedback on my writing. Thank you to the people in my life who have pushed me to keep going. Thank you to all my favorite writers for inspiring me (i.e. Mason Deaver, Alice Oseman, Page Powars, -hayle-).

Lastly, thank you for getting through the entire book. It means a lot to me. Feel free to give me any or all feedback you may have. I have plans for a second book that will be in two different character's povs, and it'll take place over the summer and the first half of tenth grade. It'll be jam packed with new drama, and I hope you'll tune in for that. There's one last thing I'd like to leave you with.

Writing is a form of coping to me. It's having the ability to have a particular way with words, despite the fact that speaking is a whole other story. If you're an aspiring writer, have faith in yourself. Writing is an extremely difficult process, it's an adventure in itself. But if you keep going, in whatever way works for you, you can find a way to finish what you started.

- A.H.