Chapter 23

Regina's POV:

I placed Emma's heart in a small drawstring bag that I was keeping in the pocket of my dress. With so much riding on this visit, there isn't a way in hell I'm not going to check in every now and then. It's been a little over an hour since she left, and I keep getting a gut feeling that she lied to me and won't return. It's making me anxious not knowing whether or not to trust her, and regardless of what I do to distract myself I end up pacing up and down overthinking and regretting letting her go. She's still got a while before she reaches the other castle but she could still do a lot that I wouldn't know about in that time.

And now that I'm really thinking about it, I don't actually know why she's so set on talking to her parents. There was no plan made before she left. No discussion on what she was going to say or how. And she's doing this because she supposedly wants me to have my happy ending?

I still don't understand why Emma's so invested in my future. Does she genuinely care if I'm happy or not, or is she simply being the noble knight she was born to be by protecting her kingdom? I just don't know anymore.

Talking of happy endings and true loves, I should catch up with the blonde bitchy fairy downstairs who I can guarantee will not be happy that I kidnapped her.

I am encased in smoke as I teleport myself outside her cell.

"What do you want?" Tinkerbell grumbled at me, glaring from where she was leaning up against the wall. Her blonde hair is dishevelled and her once vibrant green fairy clothes have now turned a mossy toad green. "To ruin my life again?"

I roll my eyes, "I did not ruin your life."

"I lost my wings because of you!" Tink snapped back standing up.

I scoff at how seriously she accuses me of something that simply wasn't my fault. I didn't tell her to steal the pixie dust. In fact, I didn't want her help in the first place!

"Now, I've gone over what happened that night at least a million times, and in every situation you go in, and I know the spell did work. So why, why didn't you go in?" Tinkerbell yelled storming towards me, "Was it that hard to go in and meet your soulmate? Was being happy such a terrible fate!?"

"Yes! Yes, it was." I exclaimed, trying to forget my cowardice of that night. "You're right! I never went in. I was afraid! I didn't-" I look away trying to stop the tears from leaving my eyes. "You said I could let go of the anger that was weighing me down and suddenly without it, it felt like I'd float away. That anger was, and still is, all I have. What would I be without it?"

"Happy."

I shake my head, "Weak."

"And look what good it's done you." Tink sighed, moving away and returning to her spot in the cell. "I can't believe that fate has given you another soulmate," Tink mumbled. My head snaps in her direction.

"You know who it is!" I grin, finally relaxing after knowing that my awakening wasn't a fluke. Someone actually kissed me and woke me from there. I have a soulmate, it's definite now. Once Emma gets back, I will need to work even harder to get my revenge as quickly as possible so that I can finally find my true love. "Who is it?" I demand.

"I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to." She said in a much calmer tone, "I don't know who it is."

"What?" I said, "How did you know I had one if you don't know who it is?"

"Emma was talking to me about your plans to get revenge and then find your true love. At first, I didn't believe her, especially after you pussied out that night at the tavern, but she seemed very adamant that you would actually do it this time." My hand drifted to the pouch where Emma's heart lays. She really thinks I'll find them. Tink's eyes drop to where my hand lies. "Aren't you supposed to be making sure she's behaving herself?" Tink asked.