Part 2

After a few hours of being alone with your skateboard

After a few hours of being alone with your skateboard. You soon realized how lonely it was without your boyfriend. You sighed and just decided to pack things up and go back to studying for that Exam you were trying to avoid.

You picked up Hobie's leather jacket and wore it. The weather suddenly feeling chilly. The sky started to turn from it warm yellow hue to a light blue, comforting, cool colour.

Picking up your skateboard and your small backpack you began to embark on the journey back to your apartment. The distance between the park and your apartment was a safe distance away ,but you wanted to go to the nearby supermarket to buy yourself a snack. Little did you know that the decision you made would almost cost you your life.

You had spent an uncomfortably long amount at the supermarket. Constantly glancing at you phone waiting for a text from Hobie. A part of you just wanted to prolong the time away from home so you would not be alone in your apartment..

After a thirty minutes the owner of the supermarket shooed you out because they wanted to close. You did not blame her, it was getting late.

The cool light blue sky was now replaced by a dark blue. You held your arms and skateboard close to you as started to walk back home. The supermarket was further from your apartment then the park.

Noticing a few drunken men from the right side of the road, you started to pick up your pace. The streets were empty no car in sight or another pedestrian. It was just you and the drunken men who... crossed the street?

They were following you.

You felt your heart instantly drop to your stomach. The men had started to call out to you. Telling you to slow down and that they wanted to talk to you. You faintly heard them complimenting and whistling at you.

The fear made your stomach hurt. You felt a burning sensation in your throat. You didn't want to ,but the fear and thoughts that clouded your mind made you slow your pace down.

You wanted to drop everything and run. This had never happened to you ,but you couldn't even find the strength to scream at the man to leave you alone.

You heard them coming closer.....

And closer...

Closer...

Close...

From the corner of your eyes you saw a familiar figure of red and blue swing down and lands gracefully a few inches away from you. Facing the small group of men that were following you. It's your Hobie, in his full spiderman costume, with his signature smirk and rebellious attitude.

"Oi, what's this, then? Some blokes think they can just disrespect my- This beautiful lady, huh?" He almost slipped by calling you his girl. He stepped forward, his presence commanding and protective. "These fascists need to learn some manners."