Chapter 11| Ice cream

Elias had left her room to lower any suspicions. He had excused himself to go to the bathroom when in reality he went go check up on Mila.

Mila realized she had to come down sooner or later, she'd rather get it done now.

Mila and Elias discussed a plan. After everyone leaves, she would tell Ezra she's going out with Paisley so Ezra wouldn't get suspicious. Then they would go get ice cream and come back. Sadly.

Mila really wanted that ice cream.

She was now walking downstairs, preparing herself for many insults.

Her parent sat on the couch with The Brooks, chatting about whatever. Ellis and Elias sat on the other couch, looking up at Mila as she came down.

Ezra was standing by the kitchen counter, talking to someone. Actually, it seemed like arguing.

Mila sat by Elias, waiting for everyone to realize she was here.

Her father was the first to notice.

"Well, I think it is time for us to have a chat with Mila. We will be there, thank you for the offer. Again, sorry for this inconvenience caused by our daughter." Her father said, shaking hands with Kyle.

Ezra had now came back, shaking hands with her parents.

"My wife just had a little too much to drink. She was just joking." Ezra said with a fake laugh.

Mila just nodded her head, getting up from the couch. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." She said softly towards the Brooks.

She would never apologize to her parents.

Sarah placed her hand on top of Mila's. "Don't apologize sweetie." Mila smiled.

"Thank you." Mila whispered. Sarah smiled back, her eyes wrinkling at the sides.

After saying goodbye to the rest of the Brooks, Elias mouthed a 'Call me' to Mila. Mila smiled, making sure no one saw.

All that was left were her parents and Ezra. Ezra sat next to her and her parents sat in front of her.

"Ezra, son, thank you for being here. I'd like to talk to our daughter alone." Her father stated. Ezra got up, heading towards him room.

Her father then came and sat in the empty spot Ezra was once occupied.

"My baby, why do you act like that? You know your mother didn't want to hurt you." He said softly, trying to seem sincere.

Looking over to her mother, she had her head down. Not looking at Mila in the eyes.

"You know I want you to be happy baby, Ezra is a great man though." He paused,

"I just need you to deal with it. After all I've done for you. I've bought you that car, I've bought everything for you! And this is how you do me?!" He did a whole 360, his voice raising higher and higher.

He grabbed ahold of her arm. "You will be a good daughter and stay in this marriage, embarrass me again and you'll see." He said furiously.

"Cameron, let's go." Her mother finally spoke up.

"Now you know I love you Mila, be good. The Brooks planned a trip for Christmas, you'll be there."  He said before heading towards the door, her mother following right after.