CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Blaire landed on a roof, and I landed right next to her. I got the air kicked out of me, and I immediately started coughing.

Blaire stood over me blankly and waited for me to stop, which was about two minutes later. We did it. We were back in the real world.

"We did it!" I exclaimed, grabbing my kid's shoulder. "We fuckin did it!" I screamed while jumping up and down.

She gave me a weird look and moved my hand away from her. "I wanna find dad." She told me.

"I know. I wanna find dad too." I paused, walking to the back of the building and to the ladder. "Let's get out of these clothes though."

I took the bag from her shoulders and pulled the money out of it. 10 thousand to find Logan as quickly as possible and have everything we need.

We walked into a store, seeing as everything looked on the cheaper side. Blaire immediately went to the kids Jeans and I went to the Women's jeans. Like father, like daughter.

Boots, dark jeans, a long sleeve shirt all cost me $100, which was very fucking surprising. Blaire's outfit, which ended up being a sweatshirt, jeans and boots, cost me $50. It was insane how much time had passed.

I felt like myself again.

"I'm hungry." Blaire said suddenly, and it made it clear to me that we really did have to eat.

"Excuse me," I stopped a woman passing me. She had huge eyelashes, fake lips and breasts, and a smug look on her face. "Do you know what time it is?" I asked her.

She smiled back at me, bringing something out of her pocket and clicking a button. "It's 8:00." She told me.

I smiled, laughing a bit. "Like 20:00 eight or 08:00?" I asked her, using the time I was used to.

"At night." She furrowed her eyebrows a bit then walking off, mumbling 'weird' to herself.

I searched the city streets until I found a hotel. A weird limousine was marked out front, covered in bullet holes. It looked as if it had just gotten out of a war crime.

"One night, two people." I saw Blaire looking at the coke bottles. There was plastic and glass, which was confusing. "And two cokes."

"Plastic or glass?" The receptionist smacked her gum at me.

My eyebrows furrowed. "One of each." I told her.

"That'll be 174.75." She told me.

My mouth dropped open as I handed her two $100 bills. "Prices have gone up, haven't they?" I joked a bit. "Back in my day, these were 20 bucks a night." I waited for my change.

She put the money in the drawer and continued to obnoxiously chew her gum as I waited for my change. "You need something?" She asked me.

"$25 and 74 cents?" I told her.

"For what?" She asked.

"That's my change..." I said awkwardly. "I gave you $200."

"So you're taking the tip money?" She opened her drawer once again and handed me a twenty and a five, along with a quarter.

"I'm expected to tip at a hotel?" I asked, putting the money in my wallet.

"Yeah." She said abruptly, giving me a key card.

"What is this?" I asked her.

"How old are you?" She asked me rudely.

"None of your business. You don't have keys anymore?" I asked.