1. Miss Texas

"Caroline Summers, you are here representing Cleburne, Texas. What do you want to do to make a difference for your town, and Texas as a whole?" 

I smiled at the crowd, "I want to make a difference in Cleburne and Texas as a whole by rending a way to disrupt a tornado. I am currently a student at the University of Oklahoma and learning more about how to track these tornados that wreak havoc on all the towns of tornado alley. I plan to get my PhD at Muskogee State University. Learning more about these tornados is how I can make a difference in many of these small towns across Texas, including my own." 

Everyone clapped. "Thank you Caroline. Caroline Summers, representative of Cleburne, Texas, folks!" I waved and went to stand over by the rest of the girls. 

This was my not my first pageant, I had been participating in these since I was in junior high. I had always loved to dress up, and my mom noticed my sixth sense for weather. As a pageant contestant you had to have an end goal that the money from the pageant would help support. My mom helped me put the two things together and now I'm here. 

This was my second year running for Miss Texas. I was confident I had it in the bag; I was hoping with winning Miss Texas, I could use the money to study at Muskogee University and get my doctorates in meteorology. It was one of the best schools in the nation for meteorology. There was a lot of talk about me this year too, I was favored to win, and many were hoping I'd run for Miss USA. I wasn't so sure about that yet, but I planned to do my best.

The rest of the girls answered their questions and then the evening was over. We had the weekend until we had to be back for the reveal of Miss Texas. I changed in my dressing room and met my sister outside the venue. 

"Can I get a big round of applause for the future Miss Texas!" I rolled my eyes at her, "Savanah, will you shut up?" She giggled, "I'm just trying to be supportive." I smiled at her and got in the car, "I know." 

We were about 3 hours from Cleburne. Savanah talked to me about all the weather patterns that had been shifting lately, "I think it's going to be a twister summer." I smiled at her, "More chasing and data collection for us then." She smiled back. 

Savanah was into storm chasing as well. She was my right hand and probably smarter than me. She built most of our gear and made everything we did safer and easier. She didn't like attention though, so I was the face of the operations.

We got home and were welcomed by our parents. Savanah and I stayed up late going over data and gear. The weather was predicting an EF2 tomorrow. We could get some more images and try to test our disruption theory. Besides, EF2's were practically babies.