Chapter Twenty Two

POV: KIMJEON PALACE.

In a realm far removed from their own, the four individuals remain blissfully ignorant of the harsh destiny that lies ahead, as their adversaries' thirst for vengeance and long-held grudges intensify.

Amidst this looming peril, a clandestine romance unfolds, flourishing in secrecy. Their love, sheltered from the prying eyes of the local populace and hidden from the royal court, grows stronger with each passing day.

Jungkook, a frequent visitor to the library and a dedicated book reader, had fortuitously crossed paths with Eva, who shared his passion for literature. Through their chance meetings and the quiet exchanges of affection, their love story began to take shape.

Meanwhile, Tae, who had recently become a permanent instructor at the music school, continued his duties with a deepening commitment, both to his students and to his beloved Eva.

The students, perceptive and empathetic, became aware of the subtle romance between Tae and Eva.
Thus, their days unfolded with a delicate balance of hidden romance and the routines of their intertwined lives.

And so one day-

The clock struck 11 p.m., and the quiet of the night enveloped the room where Isha and Eva slept peacefully. The gentle rustling of the leaves outside allowed a soft, cool breeze to drift in through the open window, creating a serene atmosphere that cradled them into deep slumber. The room, bathed in the soft moonlight filtering through the curtains, seemed almost magical in its tranquility.

In the midst of this calm, an unexpected sound broke the silence—a voice, barely above a whisper, called out into the darkness.

"Isha... Isha..." The voice, though low and tentative, carried an edge of urgency that pierced through the layers of sleep, stirring the stillness of the night.

After a long and tiring morning, Eva finally made her way to bed, barely having the energy to pull up the covers before she fell into a deep sleep. Despite her exhaustion, Eva had always been a light sleeper, alert to even the faintest sounds in the night. In contrast, Isha, who shared the room with her, slept so deeply that not even the loudest noise could wake her.

But this night was different. Eva’s eyes fluttered open when she heard a faint voice calling out. At first, she thought she was dreaming, but the voice came again, clearer this time.

"Isha..."

Eva’s heart skipped a beat, fear gripping her as she slowly pushed herself up. The room was dark, the only light coming from the faint moonlight filtering through the window.

Mustering her courage, she moved toward the window, her voice trembling as she spoke. "W-who's there?"

She squinted into the night and her breath caught in her throat when she saw a familiar face standing outside. It was Tae.

"It's me, Tae," he said, his voice low but urgent. "Oh, Eva, it's you? Where is Isha?"

"Tae? What are you doing here at this time? Where's Jk?" Eva’s voice was filled with confusion and concern.

Tae hesitated, his eyes shifting nervously. "Eva... that's—"

"What, Tae? Where's Jk?" Eva’s voice grew more frantic.

"Eva, uhm... he... how can I say this..." Tae struggled, his words barely audible.

Eva’s heart began to race.
"What are you talking about, Tae? Where is my Jk? Aren't you always together? Where is he? Don’t you dare stress me out like this..." Her voice cracked, the fear in her voice evident.