1.

I stand frozen while my boss throws a bunch of papers at my face. 

I was genuinely done with this. 

"You dare to come and ask me for a raise when this....this is what you give me. Shame on you. You're so fucking annoying." My boss says as he glares at me.

I was done. I cannot stand here and get insulted just for some money. 

I take of my id card and throw it at him. I was tired. I just wanted to be home. 

"I'm leaving." I say coldly before leaving.

Perfect. What a great day to forget my umbrella home. 

It was a quite busy day, cars honking, the crowd chattering and the sound of the rain was a steady drum rather than a soft patter. Rather than evoking a sense of peace and comfort, it just made me more annoyed. It was so loud,  I just had to be somewhere quiet.

I run in the rain so that I reach the cafe on time. I had completely forgotten that I had a shift today.

"Third time this week Aera!" The young boy exclaims.

"I'm sorry Niki, I just got fired today and I forgot my umbrella so I had to run here!" I explain.

"You can't keep making excuses you know, if the boss ever finds out, you're losing your job here too. No offense, I'm lowkey glad that you got fired. Never liked your boss, he was such an asshole."

" Haha, I'm glad too. And who are you to be talking Niki, you're only here for Sooyoung."

" Oh my god you're so loud, she might hear you!!" He exclaims as he tries to cover my mouth.

I laugh as I tie the apron around my waist. 

I get started on work while thinking about how I was gonna survive. I definitely have to cut down on food, I don't have enough money for groceries and I have to pay rent too.

"What's wrong Aera?" Niki asks noticing my dazed state.

"I have no idea how I'm gonna be surviving this month. I don't have enough money now that I've got fired from my main job." I sulk.

"Aera, I think I can help you out...." 

"But before you object or say anything, just hear me out completely okay."

"What is it Niki?"

He lets out a sigh. "I don't think you'll ever agree to this, but I'll tell you once our shift is done. You up for fried chicken and netflix tonight?" 

I nod. Why does he seem so relentless?