2.

After my shift was over, I switched off the lights, locked the door and headed out.

"Aera wait!" Niki shouts.

"You've got such tiny legs yet you still walk faster than me-"

I glare at him after seeing him laugh. Its not my problem that I was born short, no sorry, I mean, its not my problem he's too tall. 

"I'm sorry chill it's just a joke." 

I roll my eyes at him and ask him, "Niki, what did you want to talk about earlier?"

"Ah right, I almost forgot, I'll tell you once we reach my house." 

→ 

I stand outside waiting patiently while Niki opens the door to his house. 

I step in and look around in shock.

"No offense but your house is surprisingly clean for such a.....messy person like you." I say as I chuckle.

"Offense taken actually. Anyways, what do you wanna watch?"

"Law And Order?" I suggest.

"You're honestly so boring. I've heard a lot about Good Girls Guide To Murder, how about that?" 

I nod, I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in watching that.

"Right, the thing we were supposed to talk about. Aera, before say anything, just listen to me okay. You cannot object until I'm done."

I raise my eyebrow and slowly nod. What is he talking about?

"So basically, I have close connections with this guy and I think he can certainly help you get the money you want. You don't have to do any sort of hard work. Just sign a paper, and act accordingly and you'll have the money in your hands." he continues.

"What kind of job is tha-"

"Shhh, I'm not done yet. I feel like you're gonna scream when I tell you this but there's this guy I'm close with and he's looking for...a bride. You just have to marry him, and there, you get your money. But don't worry, you can divorce him after an year. You just have to act like his wife for an year. Just think about it." 

And I did exactly that. I screamed. Is Niki out of his mind?

"Oh my god, relax. This isn't just some cheap money Aera, it's about 2 billion won. Just an year. And the guy you're about to marry is THE Sim Jaeyun. You might change your mind and marry him voluntarily once you see him." 

My jaw drops. 2 billion won is insane. But I just don't have it in me to marry a guy who I don't know. I want to marry a guy that I'm willing to spend my whole life with, who I can trust, and who I can be happy with. Not just some random rich guy. I don't care who this Jaeyun guy is, but whoever he is, I do not want to do this.

But in the end, do I have a choice? I'm close to being evicted from my house, which means I really need that money. I don't have an easy life. Making a hard decision feels like being caught in a storm of conflicting emotions and thoughts.  It feels intense and exhausting as I navigate through the complexities and ramifications of my choice. Do I want to do this or do I have to do this? I feel like I'm being pulled in different directions.

"Niki I.." "I can't do this."
He remains silent.

"Aera just think about it, after an year you can live a life that you wanted. You can get a proper job again. Just think about it."

"Why me though? Can't he just buy some other woman?" 

"We suggested many, but he just doesn't like any of them. He wants someone with common sense, who can assist him well, and someone who can keep up a confident facade. You seem to check everything in the list. You're a smart and strong woman Aera, you might be exactly what he's looking for. C'mon, just meet him."

He stares at me, waiting for an answer.

"Fine, I'll do it."