Fire, Fury, and Forgiveness

Hup! One... two... three... Hup! Trying to focus solely on the steady up and down motion, Weronika shut her eyes and grit her teeth, hands tightening around the bar. She hung with her chin above it before slowly lowering herself down, then back up again. Even though her movements were controlled, there was something raging and rampaging inside. THAT STUPID ASS MOTHER FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!

She did not cross paths with her father often, and for good reason. The old geezer, the fat fuck, might've been the one to teach her how to sing in the past, but any shred of goodness he used to have was long gone by now.

Years of his own mental and emotional issues had worn him down beyond repair, not because he was forever broken, but because he was in too deep and unwilling to learn anew at his ripe old age. He made excuses for himself, handwaved her every concern, deflected blame onto everyone else except himself. Woulda had better luck talking to a fuckin WALL!

Weronika snarled, a growl escaping her lips as her arms trembled, but she refused to stop until the fire inside was all burned out. God, and I fucking HATE that I'm just like him! It's like looking into a funhouse mirror!

She'd stare into his eyes and only see her own staring back, hideous and hateful, eerily closer and closer to his every single day. Fuck me!

Another gasp escaped her, a sob. She still continued to raise and lower herself steadily, but some of the anger was burning into despair. It didn't matter how hard she tried to outrun it; she couldn't escape the beast inside. She could claim all she wanted that she was trying to break the generational curse, but... was she really?

Fuck me... I still get so ANGRY with him sometimes... Not EVEN just him. She would lash out at her unit mates too. It went beyond simple annoyances or teasing. There were moments when they would make an honest mistake and she would punish them severely.

"You fuckin' dipshit dumbass! You outta be locked in a looney bin! Are you, like, mentally slow, or something?!" she'd snarled at Sophia when the girl had wondered out loud how much the Abyssmare Weronika resembled "Big Sis" Weronika.

Now, Abyssmare's dancer prided herself on being a good—no, excellent—big sister above all else. Although poor Sophia had no idea, she'd practically dive-bombed onto a landmine, touching upon one of Weronika's deepest-rooted triggers. Unearthing that, Sophia unearthed all the other baggage brewing within the Seperack household. Yeah, Weronika was a bit of an asshole to everyone, but what the FUCK?!

Like fuckin Hell I'm a bitch like this to my siblings! Unlike YOU, I actually love them! They're the only god damn thing worth loving. Case in point, you stupid fuck... It was unusually hostile, even for her, especially since Sophia was the "aggressor", but Weronika saw red. Fucking saying she mistreated her siblings? When she was trying so damn hard to be better than their father? Was the generational curse impossible to break? This is why the fuck I don't wanna get married and have my OWN kids...

She'd served her time helping raise Mick, Johnathan, and Marie. Did she really want to risk becoming an abusive parent or partner to her own family? It was not talked about often, but patterns at home often repeated down the line. If Weronika was used to a family that was always defensive and never willing to admit fault, she would likely be the same in a relationship, and that was how generational curses spread.

With a sigh, she finally dropped to the floor, releasing the bar. She brushed herself off and looked around for a moment, wondering what to do next. She felt less angry, but she still wasn't calm, per se. Her eyes swept past the front desk. Yuka Sasago was usually thereabouts, or maintaining the equipment, but she didn't work that particular day. Weronika didn't particularly mind, but upon reminder of the bubbly blonde, she thought about the last time she'd come to the gym angry.