Chapter 22: Lost in the Moment

The sun cast a golden hue over the North Carolina skyline as Amelia stood by the window of their hotel room, sipping her coffee. The city buzzed with life outside, but for now, inside the room, everything was still and calm. She let out a contented sigh, feeling the warmth of the coffee seep into her, grounding her in the peacefulness of the moment.

"Morning, Amelia," Jess's voice broke the silence as she emerged from the bathroom, towel-drying her hair. "Sleep well?"

"Better than I have in days," Amelia replied with a soft smile. "How about you?"

Jess nodded, her expression relaxed. "Yeah, same. I think we all needed a good night's sleep."

Lisa walked in, her phone in hand and a grin on her face. "Guess what? Our show tonight is officially sold out! The venue is already packed with fans waiting for us. Looks like it's going to be a big night."

Amelia felt a surge of excitement and nerves at Lisa's announcement. "Wow, really? That's amazing!"

Lisa nodded, practically bouncing on her feet. "Yeah, and I'm talking wall-to-wall fans. It's like everyone in North Carolina decided to show up tonight. This is going to be one for the books."

Amelia exchanged a glance with Jess, both of them grinning at Lisa's enthusiasm. "No pressure, right?" Jess teased, trying to mask her own nerves.

"None at all," Lisa laughed. "We just have to deliver the best performance of our lives."

Amelia took a deep breath, the weight of the upcoming show settling over her. "Well, we better look the part then. What do you two think—time to pick out some killer outfits?"

"Absolutely," Jess agreed, already heading toward her suitcase. "Let's get you dressed to kill, Amelia."

The three of them gathered around their open suitcases, rifling through various pieces of clothing. The room filled with the comforting sounds of zippers, fabric rustling, and playful banter as they debated different looks.

"Okay, so what are we thinking for you, Amelia?" Jess asked, holding up a shimmering gold top. "Something fierce or something fun?"

"Why not both?" Lisa suggested with a wink. "You know, sexy but still a little playful."

Amelia pondered the options for a moment, then spotted a daring black leather mini skirt she'd bought on a whim but never had the courage to wear. "How about this with something... unexpected?"

Jess's eyes lit up as she spotted a deep red lace bodysuit in Amelia's pile of clothes. "This would look amazing with that skirt! It's super sexy but still classy—totally rock star vibes."

Amelia's cheeks flushed a little as she took the bodysuit from Jess, holding it up to herself. "You think? It's a little... revealing."

"That's the point," Lisa grinned, picking up a pair of black ankle boots with silver studs. "You'll look incredible. Pair it with these, and you'll be unstoppable."

Amelia hesitated for a moment, then nodded, a smile tugging at her lips. "Okay, let's do it. I'll be a little bold tonight."

With the outfit decided, the girls continued to get ready, helping each other with their own looks. Jess chose a vibrant red jumpsuit that hugged her curves perfectly, while Lisa opted for a sequined top and leather pants that screamed rock star. The energy in the room was contagious, and the anticipation of the night ahead only fueled their excitement.

A knock on the door interrupted their chatter, and Tessa, their makeup artist, walked in with a bright smile. "Good morning, ladies! Ready to get glam?"