Chapter 1 : First Day

Mei, 20 years old, was a discreet girl, talking rarely, who didn't have many friends. She was an introvert. It was the debut of the school, and she went to a new university. But something horrible and scary happened. Neither once, nor twice, but almost everyday recently. It was murder cases, from a psycho serial killer. We didn't know his identity, nor his age, his appearence, but all the cases were from her city.

"Mei, have you heard about this?" Her mother asked, lying on the couch.

"What are you talking bout?" Mei replied.

"The strange murders."

"We still don't know who's the murderer?"

"No, not yet."

"Waw, it's so crazy. And scary.. "

"Yes, but be careful. It's always in Seoul. So be careful. It's dangerous outside."

"Yes I know, but I'm already 18 now, don't worry too much. I'm not careless."

"Yes, they always said that but finally they are killed. So be careful please. I don't want to lose you."

"Okay mom. I'll be careful. I promise." She said, while hugging her mother.

*****

After a long moment, she was getting ready, she went down the stairs and went to her mother.

"MOM... I have to go to the university. It's the first day and I'm so stressed." She shouted.

"Don't be stressed. No need to be stressed. You are pretty, smart and confident. Don't be stressed and worried."

"Yes mom. But stop the compliments."

*****

When arriving at the university, she was watching everyone she met. She was stressed, and anxious because she didn't know anyone. At least she thought that she wouldn't know anyone.
She suddenly heard someone calling her name.

"Mei!" A feminine voice shouted in the court yard.

She turned around to see who was calling her. Her eyes widened when she saw one of her closest friends, Ruka. She smiled widely, and she felt a feeling of relief thanks to her.

"Ruka! You're here too?" She said enthusiastically.

"Yes, I finally got accepted here. I'm happy that I'm not alone."

"Yes I'm happy too. I feel so relaxed now that I've seen you."

"Let's go." She grabbed her arm and headed for the main building.

*****

They arrived in the amphitheater with all the classmates. There were so many students, almost 50 people in the same room. And the amphitheater was so big, and noisy.
There was only one seat left. She sat there, alone, looking at everyone. Her friend, Ruka wasn't in the same department as her. So she would be alone for the whole year. She was too shy to reach out to people and make friends.

Next to her, there was a boy, very silent and mysterious. She looked at him, analyzing him unconsciously. At least, until he turned his head and looked back at her.

She gasped at the sudden action , and blushed by embarrassment.

"What are you looking at?" He said with a soft voice almost charming.

"I'm sorry."

"Hmm" he hummed in response before looking away.

She felt that she bothered him just by her presence. She wanted to hide as the embarrassment was invading her. She tried to be more discreet from now on.

*****

After few hours in the class, where the only sounds in the amphi were the teacher speaking, and the computers keyboard . It was finally, the end of the class. She was a bit reassured, and relaxed now that she had the first experience of what is an university class.

She began to get up and put her things in her bag, like all the other students.

Suddenly, she heard someone talking to her, again.

"My name is Kim Sunoo." he said with a smile before leaving the class.

She looked at him so confused. Like just before he was almost despising her or staring at her up and down so mush she bothered him, and now he just smiled at her as if nothing happened. What a change of behavior.

"Did he talk to me ?" she whispered.

*****