Chapter 5: Hürtgen Raid!

The loud explosion echoed through the forests near Hürtgen. Zhukov wondered what tank can have such massive firepower.

The mysterious tank must have a massive gun to disperse the team all around the forest, blasting off near trees into tiny fragments.

The battlefield then went silent for a while. The squad stayed in one place on Abdullah's order because the tank can fire again and separate the team again. They were soon backed up by the Paltoon IV that came shotly after.

Zhukov: "What the Hell was that?!"

Hussein: "A freakin' bomb?!"

Dmitri: "Is everyone alright?! There was a huge explosion in your position! Talk to me!"

Zhukov: "Yeah, we're fine, Dima!"

Mikhail: "We took a direct hit, but we're fine over here. And we're down for good."

First casualty for Allied Team, Sputnik Team has been directly hit and eliminated from the match. Abdullah was pissed off.

He got out with Jaber to check the damage on his tank. He was even more pissed to see his trusty M48 scratched.

Abdullah: "Freakin' Alliance pricks...! Damage report!"

Jaber: "Optics are damaged, main gun is hit and left track damaged, but tank's still operational."

Hussein: "Can anyone give me a hand or three? We're upside down." he chuckled.

Gangl: "I'll help you."

Gangl's Ersatz M10 pushed the M48 and helped it get back on its tracks. Hussein thanked him. Lee looked around his surroundings and didn't spot nearby tanks in the area of the forest.

Ramses: "Check the surroundings."

Lee: "Nothing in sight. We're clear."

Abdullah: "We'll shift to the city and search for that tank."

Ramses: "But, shouldn't we wait for others to get here?"

Ferdinand: "Nein, we can still do it even if it's just us. Right?"

Hussein: "Still, it's risky. We'll just watvh over the surroundings, yeah?"

Bernard: "Agreed."

Gangl: "Two Pershings and a Comet are in the outskirts on the other side, I think. They must be guarding the tank."

Lee: "They must have broken off one of their platoons. Stay sharp."

Hussein: "Everything's so silent. This is wrong."

Bernard: "Don't engage."

They were watching the city for a while until the tank fired again. Shortly after, the area where two platoons stayed was bombed again.

Lee: "God damn it!"

Turner: "Fucking hell..."

Jaber: We must find that tank quickly."

Abdullah: "I have an idea. Channel me to the CO."

Farouk: "Yes, sir."

...