they're telling bolder, heavy lies

I won't lie , this house was an upgrade

I won't lie , this house was an upgrade. A theme of black and white interior ran through the house.
4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, 2 of the rooms being an en-suite.

yes please.

"wow this is gorgeous."

"right and y'all were giving me a hard time for moving."

"I still miss New York don't push it." I said jokingly and she pushed me lightly.

Being 17, moving affected me more than it did Lainee. So mom promised me the biggest room in the house.

The white walls matched perfectly with the queen sized bed and a huge vanity.

"I'm really living the life, thank you god."

I noticed  there were two doors.

Odd.

The first one was a beautiful bathroom which had a bath tub and a small walk in shower. The walls were a white marble.

the next door opened to a walk in wardrobe.

"your messing with me there is no way." I gasped in shock.

maybe Atlanta wouldn't be so bad.

•••

There was no time to get used to Atlanta as I literally started school tomorrow.

I decided to see how lainee was handling everything.

"heyy lainee baby."

"heyy mari." she mocked my voice.

"you like the house." I asked sitting on her pink bed.

"oh I love it but nothing will beat home." she sighed

"definitely, but we'll get used to this place in no time and this will be home."

"I'm really going to miss New York."

"trust me girl so am I must sometimes in life you have to make sacrifices to be the best you. Life isn't going to get better if we settle for average and stay there." I said poking her chest.

"thank you mari." She mumbled resting her head on me.

we laid in a comfortable silence, I stroked her beautiful hair as she rubbed her cheek into my chest,

I remember the day she was born. Perfect little Angel.

mom and I were stuck on a name for a week. But prior to her birth I picked out this pink wool blanket.
She was attached to it. In fact  it laid on her pillow as we speak.

So mom did a lil research. And discovered Laine means wool in French. And we added the extra e for some uniqueness.

I loved that her name had such a warm meaning. Although it means wool it was a sweet name.