Autism speaks ad

I am autism
I am visible in your children, but if I can help it, invisible to you until it's too late.
I know where you live. And guess what? I live there too.
I hover all around you. I know no colour barrier, no religion, no morality, no currency.
I speak your language fluently and with every voice I take away, I acquire yet another language.
I move very quickly. I work faster than paediatric aids, cancer and diabetes combined.
If you're happily married, I will make sure that marriage fails.
Your money will fall into my hands, and I will bankrupt you for my own self gain.
I don't sleep, so I make sure that you don't either.
I will make it virtually impossible for your family to easily attend a temple, birthday party, or public park without a struggle, without embarrassment, without pain.
I have no cure.
Your scientists don't have the resources, and I relish their desperation.
Your neighbours are happier to pretend that I don't exist— until of course, it's their child.
I am autism.
I have no interest in right or wrong. I derive great pleasure out of your loneliness.
I will fight to take away your hope. I will plot to rob you of your children and your dreams.
I will make sure that you wake up every night and cry, wondering "who will care of my child when I die?"
And the truth is, I'm still winning and you are scared. And you should be.

I am autism.
You ignored me. That was your mistake.

And to autism I say: I am a father, a mother, a grandparent, a brother, a sister.
We will spend every waking hour trying to weaken you.
We don't need sleep because we will not rest until you do.
Family can be much stronger than autism ever anticipated, and we will not be intimidated by you, nor will the love and strength of my community.
I am a parent riding towards you, and you can push me off this horse time and time again, but I will get up, climb back on, and ride on with the message .
Autism,
you forget who we are.
You forget who you are dealing with.
You forget the spirit of mothers, and daughters, and fathers, and sons.
We are Qatar.
We are the United Kingdom.
We are Russia.
We are the European Union.
We are the United Nations.
We are coming together in all climates.
We call on all faith. We search with technology and voodoo and prayer and herbs and genetic studies and a growing awareness you never anticipated.
We have a challenges, but we are the best one overcoming them.
We speak the only language that matters: love for our children.
Our capacity to love is greater than your capacity to overwhelm.

Autism is naive.
You are alone.
We are community of warriors. We have a voice.
Do you think because some of our children cannot speak, we cannot hear them?
That is autism's weakness.
Do you think that because my child lives behind the wall, I am afraid to knock it down with my bare hands?
You have not properly been introduced to the community of parents and grandparents and siblings and friends and schools and teachers and therapists and paediatricians and scientists.

Autism,
if you are not scared, you should be.
When you came for my child, you forgot you came for me.
Autism,
Are you listening?

(Before someone hates on me for writing this, not only am I autistic, but this is literally just an autism speaks ad copy and paste.)

(Also, why do I wanna write a countryhumans fanfic about this😭)