Chapter 3

Will stood outside in the hallway before the headmistress's office, his gaze fixed on the window that offered a view of the towering Mercedes Caulis. The afternoon light filtered through the glass, casting a warm glow on the polished wooden floor. 'Elfie...' he thought, his mind drifting back to the time when Elfaria told him about the sun and moon in the real sky. Those were simpler days, back when they were little kids in the orphanage, filled with dreams and innocence.

His reminiscing was interrupted by the sound of footsteps echoing down the hallway. He turned around to see the tanned man with the swept-back white hair approaching. Archer, was it? The man seemed to be in a trance for a moment as he looked at Will, his eyes reflecting a mix of nostalgia and pain. 'He's just like me...' Archer thought, his mind flashing back to a Holy Grail War that had happened a long time ago, in his time. He remembered those nights, back when he was the Master of a servant. No, she was more than a servant. Saber was... his world, a world he had given up on. His mind flashed back to her, the green-eyed girl with blonde hair so beautiful, like gold dust, her smile etched forever in his memory.

"Uh, hello, Mr. Archer? Is something the matter?" Will asked with concern, his voice breaking through the silence of the hallway.

Broken out of his trance, Archer shook his head, his expression softening. "No, it's nothing, Will. The headmistress is calling you inside."

Will hesitated for a moment, his heart pounding with a mix of anxiety and uncertainty. He nodded slowly as he walked with Archer to the office. Why did the headmistress want to see him? Were they finally going to expel him? Worry flooded his mind, his palms growing sweaty as he contemplated the possibilities.

Archer noticed Will's concern and sighed softly. "Don't worry," he said, his voice filled with a reassuring calm. For some reason, Will found his words very comforting, a small sense of relief washing over him.

"A-Alright, Mr. Archer," Will said, snapping out of his worry, his voice steadier than before.

"It's Emiya," the man said, his gaze meeting Will's.

"Huh?" Will asked, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"My name. Archer is just a title. My real name is Emiya."

Will nodded as they walked into the office, the heavy wooden door creaking open to reveal the headmistress's chamber.

As Will and Emiya entered the chamber, Will noticed that the curtains were drawn to cover the windows, casting the room in a dim, eerie light. Strange markings adorned the walls, their patterns seemingly glowing faintly in the shadows. His gaze shifted to the bench, where he saw Finn leaning against it, his arms crossed. Beside him sat the headmistress, Cauldron, her posture rigid and her expression grave. What surprised Will was the palpable tension in the room, as if both Finn and Cauldron were hiding something. There was a strange worry etched on their faces, a concern that seemed to deepen as they looked at Will.

Both Finn and Cauldron turned their attention to Will, their expressions easing slightly as they acknowledged his presence. "You asked for me, Ms. Cauldron?" Will asked, his voice filled with worry.

Cauldron leaned forward slightly, her eyes meeting Will's with a mix of concern and determination. "Yes, I did," she said, her voice steady. "There's someone I'd like you to meet." Her gaze briefly shifted to Finn, and she nodded almost imperceptibly, a silent understanding passing between them.